Old 09-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Robin Bowes

Default JBoss AS7 on CentOS6

Hi all,

I asked in #fedora-java about the possibility of building JBoss AS7 on CentOS6. It was suggested that I send a mail to this list in the hope that "some people that know more where to start will comment on it" :0

So, "people that know more where to start", where do I start?

R.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Aleksandar Kurtakov

The biggest problem will be getting Maven 3.x imported into EPEL. You would need to bootstrap maven with all of its dependencies into EPEL before trying to build JBoss AS in the way it's built on Fedora. As there are quite a few changes since RHEL 6 was introduces plain import would not work as some packages got renamed and you would need to make sure they don't conflict with base RHEL 6 packages.
This is gonna be really time consuming task though not that hard assuming one is really familiar with Java packaging.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team