-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   m2eclipse packaging inquiry (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/707375-m2eclipse-packaging-inquiry.html)

"John W. Himpel" 09-25-2012 11:35 PM

m2eclipse packaging inquiry

Good evening,

I see in BZ 847160 that Gerard was working on this for his Summer of
Code project. It seems as though his last attempt (2012-08-21) to
package was unable to pass review. Since then there appears to be no
activity.

My packaging skills are non-existent and my maven skills are barely
enough to generate an ear and war file for JEE applications. Otherwise,
I would see if I could move this effort forward.

Is there anyone planning on finishing the m2eclipse packaging? If not,
I guess I'll just do mvn from the command line. :-(

Thanks.

John

Gerard Ryan 09-26-2012 02:06 AM

m2eclipse packaging inquiry

I see in BZ 847160 that Gerard was working on this for his Summer of
Code project. It seems as though his last attempt (2012-08-21) to
package was unable to pass review. Since then there appears to be no
activity.

My packaging skills are non-existent and my maven skills are barely
enough to generate an ear and war file for JEE applications. Otherwise,
I would see if I could move this effort forward.

Is there anyone planning on finishing the m2eclipse packaging? If not,
I guess I'll just do mvn from the command line. :-(

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

Yeah, I left that one a bit loose, but it's something I hope to
eventually get around to, if nobody else has done it first. I haven't
got time just yet, so if you or anyone else feel up doing whatever
needs to be done, then feel free! :) If I am the one to do it, I'll be
sure to let you know when it's done.
I think you should be able to install it from its normal channels[0]
until then.

[0] http://eclipse.org/m2e/download/

--
Gerard Ryan :: gerard@ryan.lt :: http://blog.grdryn.me :: @grdryn
PGP Fingerprint: AA11 A666 C98E B6D8 231C 11ED 6EDC 7E4A 62BC 4A15