-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   groovy in dire need of a co-maintainer (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/703286-groovy-dire-need-co-maintainer.html)

Johannes Lips 09-12-2012 08:16 PM

groovy in dire need of a co-maintainer

Hi all,

I was the groovy co-maintainer for quite a while now. The problem is
that I don't have sufficient time any more to do enough development and
work on packages I don't care much about.
The original maintainer probably has the same problem and doesn't really
care about the package, so I was the only one doing updates etc. in the
last couple of months.
I would be really glad if someone could step up and co-maintain the
package. Otherwise I will release my co-maintainership in a short while.

-johannes

Matt Spaulding 09-16-2012 07:06 PM

groovy in dire need of a co-maintainer

Hi Johannes,

I think you've piqued my interest. I would be willing to help out if you still need a co-maintainer.

Regards,
Matt

I was the groovy co-maintainer for quite a while now. The problem is that I don't have sufficient time any more to do enough development and work on packages I don't care much about.

The original maintainer probably has the same problem and doesn't really care about the package, so I was the only one doing updates etc. in the last couple of months.

I would be really glad if someone could step up and co-maintain the package. Otherwise I will release my co-maintainership in a short while.

-johannes

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. - Rene Descartes

Johannes Lips 09-17-2012 10:31 AM

groovy in dire need of a co-maintainer

I think you've piqued my interest. I would be willing to help out if you still need a co-maintainer.
Well of course, so far no one else stepped up. ;-)* Are you already a packager and have some experience with java packaging? If yes, then I would be happy to approve your requests for ACL on the package in packagedb.

The main task in the future would be to introduce groovy 2.0.0 into fedora which will need a considerable amount of work due to the new build system they are using.
At the moment, all I do is updating the stable 1.8.X branch, so this could be your first task, since I think they released a new update recently.

Regards
Johannes

Regards,
Matt

Matt Spaulding 09-17-2012 03:48 PM

groovy in dire need of a co-maintainer

I think you've piqued my interest. I would be willing to help out if you still need a co-maintainer.
Well of course, so far no one else stepped up. ;-)* Are you already a packager and have some experience with java packaging?

Yes, I'm a packager and have packaged/reviewed a few java packages (around 20 or so would be my guess).*
If yes, then I would be happy to approve your requests for ACL on the package in packagedb.

Great!*

The main task in the future would be to introduce groovy 2.0.0 into fedora which will need a considerable amount of work due to the new build system they are using.
At the moment, all I do is updating the stable 1.8.X branch, so this could be your first task, since I think they released a new update recently.

Yep, it looks like they have Groovy 2.0.2 out now. Sounds good to me!*

Regards
Johannes

Regards,

Matt