-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   A script to help packaging Maven artifacts (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/702736-script-help-packaging-maven-artifacts.html)

Mikolaj Izdebski 09-11-2012 12:11 PM

A script to help packaging Maven artifacts

Maven is currently dominating build system in Fedora Java
packages. Autogenerating source RPM packages (or package
skeletons) from Maven artifacts isn't new idea [1], but I'm
not aware of any tool implementing such thing.

I've been recently playing a bit with Maven and I thought of
creating a tool that given a Maven groupId and artifactId would
download it along with all dependencies that are not yet
packaged for Fedora and create skeleton packages. A lot of
metadata (including Requires, BuildRequires, URLs, Description)
is already present in pom.xml files and can be easily extracted.

I could rather easily crqeate such tool. The question is, would
anyone be interested in seeing (and perhaps using) that?
If yes, please speak up and share your ideas.

Mikolaj Izdebski