Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Mikolaj Izdebski

Default classpathx-mail has been deprecated

Hi all,

classpathx-mail has recently been deprecated. Please build your packages
against javamail package, which should be compatible with classpathx-mail.

classpathx-mail used to have javamail virtual provide, so unless your
packages referenced classpathx-mail directly there should be no need
to change them (but in this case release tag bump and rebuild may still
be needed).

The following packages were using classpathx-mail:
* ant,
* apache-commons-email,
* apache-commons-vfs,
* axis,
* axis2,
* bouncycastle-mail,
* cxf,
* dumbster,
* ironjacamar,
* jboss-as,
* jtnef,
* maven-doxia,
* mx4j,
* ooo2gd,
* ovirt-engine,
* quartz,
* resteasy.

Thanks,
Mikolaj Izdebski

Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Orion Poplawski

[...]

I think the mass rebuild may have taken care of this. At least the jtnef
build on July 20th built against javamail-1.4.3-11.fc18.noarch.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Mikolaj Izdebski

Hi,

> I think the mass rebuild may have taken care of this.

Unfortunatelly it was obsoleted after the mass review was complete.
Both packages provided javamail and classpathx-mail would be selected
unless some package required javamail directly (like jetty for example).

> At least the jtnef
> build on July 20th built against javamail-1.4.3-11.fc18.noarch.

Yes, jtnef was build against javamail, and it doesn't need to be rebuilt,
but only because jetty was in its build dependencies, and jetty requires
javamail directly. Other packages might still need to be rebuilt.

MikoƂaj