Old 02-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Juan Hernandez

Default GlassFish JAXB and rebundling

Hello,

I am currently trying to cleanup the GlassFish JAXB package and I found
something that would like to discuss with you. The build process of this
package ends by adding to the jaxb-xjc.jar file the contents of other
jar files like codemodel.jar, istack-commons-tools.jar, etc. In Fedora
those jars are in other packages. I think that this is not correct:
whoever wants to use jaxb-xjc.jar should instead add to the classpath
the other .jar files. What do you think?

Regards,
Juan Hernandez

Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Orion Poplawski

I am currently trying to cleanup the GlassFish JAXB package and I found
something that would like to discuss with you. The build process of this
package ends by adding to the jaxb-xjc.jar file the contents of other
jar files like codemodel.jar, istack-commons-tools.jar, etc. In Fedora
those jars are in other packages. I think that this is not correct:
whoever wants to use jaxb-xjc.jar should instead add to the classpath
the other .jar files. What do you think?

Correct. They should not be added to the jaxb-xjc.jar.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Quoting Orion Poplawski (2012-02-19 00:46:20)
>On 02/18/2012 01:02 PM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently trying to cleanup the GlassFish JAXB package and I found
>> something that would like to discuss with you. The build process of this
>> package ends by adding to the jaxb-xjc.jar file the contents of other
>> jar files like codemodel.jar, istack-commons-tools.jar, etc. In Fedora
>> those jars are in other packages. I think that this is not correct:
>> whoever wants to use jaxb-xjc.jar should instead add to the classpath
>> the other .jar files. What do you think?
>
>Correct. They should not be added to the jaxb-xjc.jar.

However these dependencies should be added in the installed pom file(s)
so that they are added to classpath automatically during maven builds of other
packages.

PGP: 7B087241
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com