-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   New packaging macros and related things (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/633867-new-packaging-macros-related-things.html)

Stanislav Ochotnicky 02-16-2012 12:26 PM

New packaging macros and related things

Yesterday I pushed a new package into rawhide: javapackages-tools. This
used to be part of jpackage-utils initially, now we split it into
separate package. This should make some things a bit more simple for me
:-)

Now to things which will likely interest Java packagers:
* %add_maven_depamp now has default arguments. I.e.:

%add_maven_depmap
is now equivalent to
%add_maven_depmap JPP-%{name}.pom %{name}.jar

This will simplify the "default" use case. You can of course still
use the "full" version.

* New %create_javadoc_subpackage macro:
If you put this at the end of %install section it will generate
whole java subpackage including file section etc. Please see
/etc/rpm/macros.fjava for documentation on using it. There are 3
variables that change its behaviour a bit. Again, for simple maven
modules/libraries this should simplify spec files

I also have an idea that if implemented would completely remove need to
specify add_maven_depmap in the spec file for simple use cases. We'll
see how that works out when I have time to play with it.

Alex Kurtakov also enabled OSGI Requires generator in this release so
expect some interesting simplifications there as well. I expect Alex
will comment on this point.

PGP: 7B087241
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com