Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Default Maven2 is dead, long live Maven3

I've just committed and built new maven2 rpms. It means there is no
longer any mvn2 or mvn-jpp script in rawhide. Also about 1/2 of the
artifacts are not even being built since we wanted to strip down BR/R
to bare minimum.

Maven2 still contains subpackages with jars being used by some other
projects that do not have replacements in maven 3.x land and we'll
keep it going as long as possible.

I would be strongly against resurrection of m2, but if someone can
show he'll take care of it...he/she can revert my commits and become new
maintainer :-)

PGP: 7B087241
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com