Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Andrew Haley

Default Fedora java packaging, icedtea vs gcj

Andrew Haley writes:

> OK, that's fair, but it's going to be *really* easy to let things in
> Classpath slide. I am going to keep on top of this: apart from ppc
> issues, there are also the secondary architectures ARM, IA-64, and
> SPARC. I'd like to keep gcj going in good shape until we have a
> reasonable portability story for OpenJDK.

One small thing to add: I'm not really sure that a slow interpreter is
all we need for secondary arches. For some things it'll be perfectly
OK, but not for others. We'll have to wait and see what people need.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903