-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   eclipse and icedtea in f8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/5745-eclipse-icedtea-f8.html)

Jack Tanner 11-26-2007 08:31 PM

eclipse and icedtea in f8

Andrew Overholt <overholt@...> writes:

> Yeah, although your options are slightly different, eclipse.ini achieves
> the same thing. The problem is that the defaults weren't being read
> because they were in /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse.ini when they should
> have been in /usr/lib{64}/eclipse/eclipse.ini. A forthcoming 3.3.1.1
> update will fix the defaults.

Realistically speaking, is eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm, which builds
successfully on all arches, about to get tagged as an update (or update-testing)
for F8? Or is some more work going to happen before an update is possible?

Andrew Overholt 11-26-2007 11:33 PM

eclipse and icedtea in f8

* Jack Tanner <ihok@hotmail.com> [2007-11-26 16:34]:
> Andrew Overholt <overholt@...> writes:
>
> > Yeah, although your options are slightly different, eclipse.ini achieves
> > the same thing. The problem is that the defaults weren't being read
> > because they were in /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse.ini when they should
> > have been in /usr/lib{64}/eclipse/eclipse.ini. A forthcoming 3.3.1.1
> > update will fix the defaults.
>
> Realistically speaking, is eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm, which
> builds successfully on all arches, about to get tagged as an update
> (or update-testing) for F8? Or is some more work going to happen
> before an update is possible?

No, I just haven't gotten around to submitting the update :)

Andrew

Jack Tanner 11-27-2007 04:26 PM

eclipse and icedtea in f8

Andrew Overholt <overholt@...> writes:

> * Jack Tanner <ihok@...> [2007-11-26 16:34]:
> >
> > Realistically speaking, is eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm, which
> > builds successfully on all arches, about to get tagged as an update
> > (or update-testing) for F8? Or is some more work going to happen
> > before an update is possible?
>
> No, I just haven't gotten around to submitting the update :)

Good luck with that. :)

I tried to build from eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm , but then it turned out
that a not-yet-released icu4j-eclipse is a prerequisite. So, don't forget to tag
that, too!

Andrew Overholt 11-27-2007 04:38 PM

eclipse and icedtea in f8

* Jack Tanner <ihok@hotmail.com> [2007-11-27 12:27]:
> Andrew Overholt <overholt@...> writes:
>
> > * Jack Tanner <ihok@...> [2007-11-26 16:34]:
> > >
> > > Realistically speaking, is eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm, which
> > > builds successfully on all arches, about to get tagged as an update
> > > (or update-testing) for F8? Or is some more work going to happen
> > > before an update is possible?
> >
> > No, I just haven't gotten around to submitting the update :)
>
> Good luck with that. :)
>
> I tried to build from eclipse-3.3.1.1-10.fc9.src.rpm , but then it turned out
> that a not-yet-released icu4j-eclipse is a prerequisite. So, don't forget to tag
> that, too!

Thanks for the reminder :) The updated icu4j should be in rawhide, no?

Andrew