Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 AM
John Himpel

Default Eclipse & WindowBuilder Pro

Good evening,

I am running eclipse 3.6.2 (eclipse-jdt 1:3.6.2-5.fc16).

I am following the instructions for how to install WindowBuilder Pro
(Helps construct Swing gui) found at
http://download.instantiations.com/D2WBDoc/continuous/latest/docs/html/installation/updatesite_3.6.html

I used http://dl.google.com/eclipse/inst/d2wbpro/latest/3.6 for the url.

The install seems to go fine.

But after restarting eclipse, none of the added functionality seems to
be present.

Does the Help->Install New Software-> sequence put the newly installed
functionality where eclipse is looking for it?

On the "Available Software" screen, I have checked the following:
Show only the latest versions of available software
Group items by category
Contact all update sites during install to find required software

But after restarting eclipse, none of the added functionality seems to
be present.

I also installed "Web, XML, and Java EE Development" from
"http:download.eclipse.org/releases/helios" via the same methodology.
Again, after restarting eclipse, the new functionality doesn't seem to
be present.

Does the Help->Install New Software-> sequence put the newly installed
functionality where eclipse is looking for it?

John

Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
"Chris Aniszczyk (zx)"

Can you add a .options in your home directory with this in it...
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/debug=true
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/reconciler=true

Then run the Eclipse executable with -debug (e.g., /usr/bin/eclipse -debug)

And then let's see what's in the log

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org