Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Ankur Sinha

Default Help building dcm4che

Hi folks!

I'm trying to build an RPM package for dcm4che2[1] for the
fedora-medical SIG[2]. I've downloaded the latest svn, and followed the
packaging spec from the Packaging:Java[3] page. I'm running into some
errors that I don't know how to get around. This is my first java
package. Could someone glance through this and put me on the right track
please? The spec[4] (bare minimum) and the build.log[5] are provided.
The srpm is here[6].

Thanks,
Ankur

[1]http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/d2/Building+dcm4che2
[2]https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-medical
[3]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Java
[4]http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/dcm4che2/dcm4che2.spec
[5]http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/dcm4che2/build.log
[6]http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/dcm4che2/dcm4che2-20110511-1.fc15.src.rpm

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 05/11/2011 01:59 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I'm trying to build an RPM package for dcm4che2[1] for the
> fedora-medical SIG[2]. I've downloaded the latest svn, and followed the
> packaging spec from the Packaging:Java[3] page. I'm running into some
> errors that I don't know how to get around. This is my first java
> package. Could someone glance through this and put me on the right track
> please? The spec[4] (bare minimum) and the build.log[5] are provided.
> The srpm is here[6].

Looks like you need the test images, from here perhaps:

http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/org/dcm4che/test/dcm4che-test-image/2.6/

Also, why not use the source file download and version:

Name: dcm4che2
Version: 2.0.25
Release: 1%{?dist}

#Group:
License: MPLv1.1
Source0:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dcm4che/dcm4che2/%{version}/dcm4che-%{version}-src.zip

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Ankur Sinha

Hi Orion!!

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 15:08 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 05/11/2011 01:59 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I'm trying to build an RPM package for dcm4che2[1] for the
> > fedora-medical SIG[2]. I've downloaded the latest svn, and followed
> the
> > packaging spec from the Packaging:Java[3] page. I'm running into
> some
> > errors that I don't know how to get around. This is my first java
> > package. Could someone glance through this and put me on the right
> track
> > please? The spec[4] (bare minimum) and the build.log[5] are
> provided.
> > The srpm is here[6].
>
> Looks like you need the test images, from here perhaps:
>
> http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/org/dcm4che/test/dcm4che-test-image/2.6/

Aha! But I can't use the jar straight away, can I? I need to package the
test-images up and then proceed with dcm4che2, right?

> Also, why not use the source file download and version:
>
> Name: dcm4che2
> Version: 2.0.25
> Release: 1%{?dist}
>
> #Group:
> License: MPLv1.1
> Source0:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dcm4che/dcm4che2/%{version}/dcm4che-%{version}-src.zip

I was using this, and it gave me the same error. I thought maybe the svn
would have something extra which would mend it.

Thank you!!
Regards,
Ankur

Old 05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 07:10:50 +0200 2011:
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 15:08 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > On 05/11/2011 01:59 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > > Hi folks!
> > >
> > > I'm trying to build an RPM package for dcm4che2[1] for the
> > > fedora-medical SIG[2]. I've downloaded the latest svn, and followed
> > the
> > > packaging spec from the Packaging:Java[3] page. I'm running into
> > some
> > > errors that I don't know how to get around. This is my first java
> > > package. Could someone glance through this and put me on the right
> > track
> > > please? The spec[4] (bare minimum) and the build.log[5] are
> > provided.
> > > The srpm is here[6].
> >
> > Looks like you need the test images, from here perhaps:
> >
> > http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/org/dcm4che/test/dcm4che-test-image/2.6/
> >

> Aha! But I can't use the jar straight away, can I? I need to package the
> test-images up and then proceed with dcm4che2, right?

Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
-Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
work.

Good luck!

PGP: 7B087241
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com

Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Ankur Sinha

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 10:14 +0200, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
> sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
> first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
> work.
>
> Good luck!

Hello Stanislav,

Thank you for that Sadly though, it appears to not be making a
difference.

This is the build section that I'm using:

%build
mvn-rpmbuild -X -Dmaven.test.skip=true install javadoc:aggregate

It still fails with the same error:

> The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> DEBUG: at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependencie sResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolv er.java:170)
> DEBUG: at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDepen dencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyR esolver.java:171)
> DEBUG: ... 22 more
> DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutio nException: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> DEBUG: at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositor ySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySyste m.java:412)
> DEBUG: at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependencie sResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolv er.java:164)
> DEBUG: ... 23 more
> DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionE xception: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> DEBUG: at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactR esolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:541)
> DEBUG: at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactR esolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.j ava:220)
> DEBUG: at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositor ySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySyste m.java:395)
> DEBUG: ... 24 more
> DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundExcep tion: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> DEBUG: at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactR esolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:352)
> DEBUG: ... 26 more
> DEBUG: [ERROR]
> DEBUG: [ERROR]
> DEBUG: [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
> DEBUG: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
> DEBUG: [ERROR]
> DEBUG: [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
> DEBUG: [ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :dcm4che-core
> DEBUG: RPM build errors:
> DEBUG: error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Xkg6An (%build)
> DEBUG: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Xkg6An (%build)

Any other hints? I haven't been able to find the sources of the
test-image. I'm still looking, but it's unlikely that I'll be able to
locate them.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ankur

Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 14:07:21 +0200 2011:
> [...]
> > DEBUG: ... 26 more
> > DEBUG: [ERROR]
> > DEBUG: [ERROR]
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
> > DEBUG: [ERROR]
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :dcm4che-core
> > DEBUG: RPM build errors:
> > DEBUG: error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Xkg6An (%build)
> > DEBUG: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Xkg6An (%build)
>

> Any other hints? I haven't been able to find the sources of the
> test-image. I'm still looking, but it's unlikely that I'll be able to

Ah, sorry. I should have mentioned you'll have to rip out
depdendencies from pom.xml files for this to work. Files
dcm4che-core/pom.xml and dcm4che-imageio/pom.xml contain mentions of
dcm4che-test-image. This is just a test dependency but unfortunately
Maven doesn't realize that it doesn't need test dependencies when
tests are not run (huh right?).

So in short remove these parts from pom.xml:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.dcm4che.test</groupId>
<artifactId>dcm4che-test-image</artifactId>
<version>2.6</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

FYI you can also stop-by at #fedora-java channel on Freenode. There
should be someone there to help you out most of the time.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 05/12/2011 02:14 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 07:10:50 +0200 2011:

>>> the
>>> some
>>> track
>>> provided.
>>>
>>> Looks like you need the test images, from here perhaps:
>>>
>>> http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/org/dcm4che/test/dcm4che-test-image/2.6/
>>>

>> Aha! But I can't use the jar straight away, can I? I need to package the
>> test-images up and then proceed with dcm4che2, right?
>
> Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
> sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
> first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
> work.

dcm4che-test-image-2.6.jar just contains a bunch of test image data. I
see no reason that it couldn't be included as part of the dcm4che2
package. I don't know how to point maven to it tough.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Orion Poplawski

Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Excerpts from Orion Poplawski's message of Thu May 12 16:08:26 +0200 2011:
> On 05/12/2011 02:14 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 07:10:50 +0200 2011:

> >> Aha! But I can't use the jar straight away, can I? I need to package the
> >> test-images up and then proceed with dcm4che2, right?
> >
> > Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
> > sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
> > -Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
> > first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
> > work.
>
> dcm4che-test-image-2.6.jar just contains a bunch of test image data. I
> see no reason that it couldn't be included as part of the dcm4che2
> package. I don't know how to point maven to it tough.

org/dcm4chee/imagetest directory contains 2 Java class files. It's
hard to tell it they are actually being run, but I guess they are. One
way to fix all of this (and probably best in long term) is to ask
upstream to do a source release of test data/package.

As for pointing maven to arbitrary directory..not easy. Only way to do
it with our maven right now is to create proper directory structure within
.m2/ directory. That is:
.m2/groupid1/groupid2/../artifactid/artifactid-version.{pom,jar}

Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky