Old 02-05-2011, 11:27 PM
mike lancaster

Default java -jar display

Hi All,

I am new to Java and to the java-devel mailing list.

I am running NetBeans 6.9.1 on Fedora 14.
I am able to create a project in NetBeans and run it successfully.
When I run it from the command line it runs without error but does not display the GUI.

I am able to run xclock without a problem.

I am not sure what I am missing?
My goal is to have the Java App listed under the Applications tab in the Fedora Desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Mat Booth

On 6 February 2011 00:27, mike lancaster <mikelan1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Java and to the java-devel mailing list.
>
> I am running NetBeans 6.9.1 on Fedora 14.
> I am able to create a project in NetBeans and run it successfully.
> When I run it from the command line it runs without error but does not
> display the GUI.
> I am able to run xclock without a problem.
>
> I am not sure what I am missing?
> My goal is to have the Java App listed under the Applications tab in the
> Fedora Desktop.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Welcome to Java land!

What command line are you trying?

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Old 02-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Fernando Cassia

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:27 PM, mike lancaster <mikelan1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Java and to the java-devel mailing list.
>
> I am running NetBeans 6.9.1 on Fedora 14.

Mike,

If you intend your app to run with "Java -jar appname.jar" you need to
be 100% sure that the default class is specified in the Manifest file.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/appman.html
FC