Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Matej Cepl

Default Orphaning tigase ... fast XMPP/Jabber server written in pure Java

Hi,

I have not enough energy and knowledge to maintain a large Java server
in Fedora, so I am orphaning tigase (that's tigase-xmltools,
tigase-utils, and tigase-server). I have released ownership of all three
packages in Fedora Pkg Database.

AFAIK, I believe that all three packages are properly packaged and run
without glitch with self-signed certificates. Packages have no other
significant dependencies than JDK itself (the author doesn't use third
party libraries), and it has integration done to run out of the box with
our MySQL (however, it can work with most JDBC databases with some
configuration on the top).

However, I have never managed (due to the lack of my knowledge about
certtool and keytool, no doubt) to make tigase working with the real
certificates.

There is now new upstream release coming which should make dealing with
certificates much easier.

Please, somebody, take this, I think it would be really cool to have
this XMPP server working in Fedora (EPEL).

Best,

Matěj