Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Stanislav Ochotnicky

Default Java SIG meeting 21st of December (Tuesday) 16:00 UTC

Hi everyone,

We'll have our meeting a bit untraditionally due to Christmas looming
close-by :-)

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 16:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1
Agenda is on wiki[1] (more things likely to be added tomorrow). Feel
free to update the agenda, but please make sure to attend the meeting in
that case :-)

I also forgot to send meeting minutes from our previous meeting[2].

Main topic:
* continuing work on Maven3 - custom resolver should be available by
next meeting
* tomcat5-6 migration continuing, few new missing packages added to be
fixed
* Packaging java webapps (wars, ears etc.) - with guest from Debian
* there are two basic approached to deploy (not start, just prepare
for starting) webapps. One is automated during install, second one
is tool-based. For now we didn't agree on a solution.
* wars should be installed "exploded" not as a zip (easier work with
dependencies)
* to be continued later

* New macro to simplify depmap installation was introduced
* few changes needed still (placement of fragment files for example)

* SIG tracker bug needs attention from time to time. Nothing to do?
Look there :-)

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Java_SIG_2010-12-21
[2]
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-12-08/fedora-meeting-1.2010-12-08-17.07.html