Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Tom Marble

Default CFP Now Open: Free Java @ FOSDEM 2011

All:

Join us at FOSDEM 2011 to be part of our sessions where
we'll discuss the state of Free Java!

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem

Our theme is "Java Sans Frontières"
* Why Free Java technology is awesome
* Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
* The future of Free Java

The Call For Participation is OPEN NOW, but closes on the 3rd of December...
So send in a talk proposal today and join us in Brussels 5-6 February!

Why FOSDEM?
* Engage in scintillating discussions with smart hackers over
world famous Belgian Beer
* Join the Web of Trust by getting your strong new key signed
* Indulge in exquisite chocolate
* Visit historic Brussels within walking distance

Why the Free Java DevJam?
* This is the most significant non-commercial, neutral
environment for Java developers to meet
* Learn how to get involved in technical Free Java projects
* We will not shy away from politics (especially this year)!
* We will get together for an awesome dinner
* You will meet historic hackers in the evolution of Free Java

Please join the freejava-devroom@lists.fosdem.org list for general discussion about

To submit a formal Talk Proposal follow the guidelines at
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem/CallForParticipation

Respectfully,

Andrew Haley
GCJ Maintainer, GNU Classpath, IcedTea & OpenJDK Developer.

Andrew John Hughes
IcedTea Maintainer, GNU Classpath Maintainer, OpenJDK & GCJ Developer

Christian Thalinger
OpenJDK developer, former CACAO Maintainer

Mark Wielaard
GNU Classpath Maintainer, GCJ, IcedTea & OpenJDK contributor.

Tom Marble
Java Libre hacker, Former OpenJDK Ambassador