FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Stanislav Ochotnicky
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.

Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)

This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)

One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
(fedora-java@l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
scripting this right now).

I'll be sending similar notice to people on fedora-devel in case they
want to add their packages to monitoring.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/Monitored_packages
[2]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_SCM_admin_requests#Package_Change_Requests _for_existing_packages
--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@redhat.com>
Associate Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno

PGP: 71A1677C
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com

--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Dr Andrew John Hughes
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

On 12:55 Fri 05 Nov , Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
> this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.
>
> Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
> commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)
>
> This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
> should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
> monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
> for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
> want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
> This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)
>
> One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> (fedora-java@l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> scripting this right now).
>

Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
flooding this one?

> I'll be sending similar notice to people on fedora-devel in case they
> want to add their packages to monitoring.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/Monitored_packages
> [2]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_SCM_admin_requests#Package_Change_Requests _for_existing_packages
> --
> Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@redhat.com>
> Associate Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno
>
> PGP: 71A1677C
> Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com
>



> --
> java-devel mailing list
> java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel


--
Andrew

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and the OpenJDK
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA 7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8
--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Mario Torre
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

Il giorno ven, 05/11/2010 alle 14.06 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
scritto:
> On 12:55 Fri 05 Nov , Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
> > this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.
> >
> > Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
> > commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)
> >
> > This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
> > should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
> > monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
> > for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
> > want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
> > This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)
> >
> > One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> > (fedora-java@l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> > email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> > messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> > messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> > java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> > exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> > scripting this right now).
> >
>
> Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
> flooding this one?

I second that, I like this follow his list and some times problem here
arise that are of more general interest, but I would really like to not
have floods of commit messages (I know I can filter them, but at times
people reply to commit messages, things can become quite messy).

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/

--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Chris Spike
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

On 11/05/2010 04:20 PM, Mario Torre wrote:
>>> If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
>>> this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.

>>
>> Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
>> flooding this one?
>
> I second that, I like this follow his list and some times problem here
> arise that are of more general interest, but I would really like to not
> have floods of commit messages (I know I can filter them, but at times
> people reply to commit messages, things can become quite messy).

Hava a look at the meeting logs[1]. IIRC nobody wanted to put some work
into this. I'm quite sure, people wouldn't mind if you take care. Just
put it on the meeting agenda [2] and attend the next meeting.

Regards, Chris


[1]
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-10-19/fedora-meeting.2010-10-19-17.02.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Java_SIG_2010-11-16
--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Mark Wielaard
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 12:55 +0100, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> (fedora-java@l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> scripting this right now).
>
> I'll be sending similar notice to people on fedora-devel in case they
> want to add their packages to monitoring.

I added emails having scm-commits@lists.fedoraproject.org as destination
as acceptable for this mailinglist. But I do agree that it might be a
good idea to have a separate list for commits and discussion.

Cheers,

Mark

--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Dr Andrew John Hughes
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

On 16:20 Fri 05 Nov , Mario Torre wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 05/11/2010 alle 14.06 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
> scritto:
> > On 12:55 Fri 05 Nov , Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > > If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
> > > this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.
> > >
> > > Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
> > > commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)
> > >
> > > This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
> > > should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
> > > monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
> > > for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
> > > want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
> > > This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)
> > >
> > > One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> > > (fedora-java@l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> > > email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> > > messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> > > messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> > > java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> > > exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> > > scripting this right now).
> > >
> >
> > Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
> > flooding this one?
>
> I second that, I like this follow his list and some times problem here
> arise that are of more general interest, but I would really like to not
> have floods of commit messages (I know I can filter them, but at times
> people reply to commit messages, things can become quite messy).
>
> Cheers,
> Mario
> --
> pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
> Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF
>
> Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
> Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
> OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/
>
> Please, support open standards:
> http://endsoftpatents.org/
>

So today I've had to delete about ten such e-mails on this list. Not only
is this a waste of time, but the e-mails appear as bug reports in many cases
and so get confused with real bug reports that I actually care about.

Please move these automated messages to a separate list.
--
Andrew

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and the OpenJDK
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA 7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8
--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Mario Torre
 
Default Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

Il giorno lun, 22/11/2010 alle 19.55 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
scritto:

> So today I've had to delete about ten such e-mails on this list. Not only
> is this a waste of time, but the e-mails appear as bug reports in many cases
> and so get confused with real bug reports that I actually care about.
>
> Please move these automated messages to a separate list.

I second that.

@Chris Spike:

> Hava a look at the meeting logs[1]. IIRC nobody wanted to put some
> work into this. I'm quite sure, people wouldn't mind if you take care.
> Just put it on the meeting agenda [2] and attend the next meeting.

I understand your point, but I think Java SIG doesn't really have the
right to change the behaviour of a list in this way, this was discussed
only by two persons if I read the log correctly, but this decision has
impact on every one who uses this list, and, I don't have time to follow
SIG meetings or take care of anything else, it's quite bad, and I really
would like to dedicate more time, but this is the way it is, and now
this list has become just useless.

Making a new mailing list is cheap, or *if you really have to use this
one*, just make a nice weekly summary, with a clear subject of what's
going on, and don't flood us. This is even in the most minimal
netiquette requirement, if not common sense.

Thanks,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/

--
java-devel mailing list
java-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/java-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org