Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Adam Young

Default depfind

Having battled the dependency isssues wuith Maven and Buildr on a couple
of occasions, I wrote a bunch of scripts for dealing with this stuff and
posted it on my blog. And someone responded with this:

Why on the Earth one would use Ruby in order to extract deps from the
Java files?! Dude, use the right tool for right purpose.

http://depfind.sourceforge.net/Manual.html

I notice that it isn't in Fedora, nor is it in JPackage, so I wonder if
other members of the team have used it or even know about it. It might
help many of the people with dependency issues.

Boy did that last line have a double meaning. Anyway, figured it was
worth bringin to peoples attention and getting some feedback. I'm not
in Java mode for this project, so I don't have the cycles to spend on
it; maybe someone else does.