Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Java packages inpla Fedora

On 10/07/2010 12:44 PM, Terje RÝsten wrote:
> Hi Orion,
>
> I maintain some packages in Fedora and getting into Java packages, I have done
> ditaa:
>
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/zoom.php?rpm=ditaa
>
> however that was a simple package. Next thing is maven driven packages,
> and at first glance this maven thing seems a bit messy :-)
>
> A package I plan to maintain has
> org/codehaus/mojo/plugin-support/plugin-support-1.0-alpha-1.pom,
> as dep, so I tried to create a package for this piece of software. My initial
> attempt is here:
>
> http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/java/mojo-plugin-support.spec
> http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/java/mojo-plugin-support-1.0-0.1.alpha1.fc13.src.rpm
>

> Building this rpm package works fine with mvn, however with mvn-jpp it ends with
> a message that don't help me much.
>
> Here is the log from a F14 scratch build in koji:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2520897
>
> the F13 build don't have the ant error:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2520914
>
> For a Java pro this failures might be trivial?
>
> Do you have any ideas?

Despite appearances, I am no Java pro. But it appears that ant in F13 may be
missing a pom file, and that jexl's pom is installed incorrectly (looks like
I'm installing it under apache-commons-jexl instead of commons-jexl, and
possibly under the wrong parent on F13).

I'm CC'ing the java devel list for confirmation. For ant on F13 you'll want
to use a maven depmap file. I don't yet understand writing those, so
hopefully someone on the list can help.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 10/07/2010 02:07 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 10/07/2010 12:44 PM, Terje RÝsten wrote:
>> Hi Orion,
>>
>> I maintain some packages in Fedora and getting into Java packages, I have done
>> ditaa:
>>
>> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/zoom.php?rpm=ditaa
>>
>> however that was a simple package. Next thing is maven driven packages,
>> and at first glance this maven thing seems a bit messy :-)
>>
>> A package I plan to maintain has
>> org/codehaus/mojo/plugin-support/plugin-support-1.0-alpha-1.pom,
>> as dep, so I tried to create a package for this piece of software. My initial
>> attempt is here:
>>
>> http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/java/mojo-plugin-support.spec
>> http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/java/mojo-plugin-support-1.0-0.1.alpha1.fc13.src.rpm
>>

>> Building this rpm package works fine with mvn, however with mvn-jpp it ends with
>> a message that don't help me much.
>>
>> Here is the log from a F14 scratch build in koji:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2520897
>>
>> the F13 build don't have the ant error:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2520914
>>
>> For a Java pro this failures might be trivial?
>>
>> Do you have any ideas?
>
> Despite appearances, I am no Java pro. But it appears that ant in F13 may be
> missing a pom file, and that jexl's pom is installed incorrectly (looks like
> I'm installing it under apache-commons-jexl instead of commons-jexl, and
> possibly under the wrong parent on F13).
>
> I'm CC'ing the java devel list for confirmation. For ant on F13 you'll want
> to use a maven depmap file. I don't yet understand writing those, so
> hopefully someone on the list can help.

Also, it appears that commons-jexl changed it's groupId from commons-jexl for
version 1.1 in F13 to org.apache.commons for 2.0.1 in F14.