Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Tomcat5 -> Tomcat6 migration

We'd like to migrate packages in Fedora from Tomcat5 to Tomcat6. I've started
a wiki page here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/TomcatMigration

I still need to file bugs.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 10/05/2010 12:15 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> We'd like to migrate packages in Fedora from Tomcat5 to Tomcat6. I've started
> a wiki page here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/TomcatMigration
>
> I still need to file bugs.

Also, do we want to standardize on one or two tomcat6 provides? There are
quite a lot of them!

el_1_0_api = 6.0.26-8.fc14
el_api = 2.1
jsp21
jsp = 2.1
servlet25
servlet = 2.5
servlet6
tomcat6

Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Chris Spike

On 10/05/2010 08:24 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Also, do we want to standardize on one or two tomcat6 provides?

+1

Regards, Chris

Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 10/05/2010 12:24 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 12:15 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> We'd like to migrate packages in Fedora from Tomcat5 to Tomcat6. I've started
>> a wiki page here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/TomcatMigration
>>
>> I still need to file bugs.
>>

> Also, do we want to standardize on one or two tomcat6 provides? There are
> quite a lot of them!
>
> el_1_0_api = 6.0.26-8.fc14
> el_api = 2.1
> jsp21
> jsp = 2.1
> servlet25
> servlet = 2.5
> servlet6
> tomcat6

Okay, about to file bugs but need to finalize the wording. Here's what I have
so far:

We want to transition from tomcat5 to tomcat6. This package currently
depends on tomcat5 via one of the items tomcat5 provides, e.g.:

* jsp_2_0_api
* servlet24
* servlet_2_4_api
* servlet5
* servletapi5
* tomcat5
* tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api

Please migrate this package to tomcat6, which provides:

So I'd like to decide on one or two provides to list in the bug report for
packagers to use. Suggestions?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Alexander Kurtakov

> On 10/05/2010 12:24 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > On 10/05/2010 12:15 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> >> We'd like to migrate packages in Fedora from Tomcat5 to Tomcat6. I've
> >> started a wiki page here:
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java/TomcatMigration
> >>
> >> I still need to file bugs.
> >
> > Also, do we want to standardize on one or two tomcat6 provides? There
> > are quite a lot of them!
> >
> > el_1_0_api = 6.0.26-8.fc14
> > el_api = 2.1
> > jsp21
> > jsp = 2.1
> > servlet25
> > servlet = 2.5
> > servlet6
> > tomcat6
>
> Okay, about to file bugs but need to finalize the wording. Here's what I
> have so far:
>
> We want to transition from tomcat5 to tomcat6. This package currently
> depends on tomcat5 via one of the items tomcat5 provides, e.g.:
>
> * jsp_2_0_api
> * servlet24
> * servlet_2_4_api
> * servlet5
> * servletapi5
> * tomcat5
> * tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api
>
> Please migrate this package to tomcat6, which provides:
>

> So I'd like to decide on one or two provides to list in the bug report for
> packagers to use. Suggestions?

Provides with underscores are difficult to write (at least for me).
Provides locked to the tomcat version (e.g. servlet5) makes a virtual provide
meaningless because tomcat versions are not equal to the servlet/jsp api
versions.
I would propose using the apinameMajorMinor versions only - servlet25, jsp21
and el10(elapi10??) which is missing as a provide now.

Alex