Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Mat Booth

Default Renamed jakarta-commons-* packages

Hi guys,

During the great jakarta-commons to apache-commons package rename of
2010, [1] the following packages of yours have been obsoleted by
versions with a new apache-prefixed name and a ticket has been raised
with rel-eng has been raised to block them [2] from F14 and F15:

fnasser:
jakarta-commons-beanutils
jakarta-commons-configuration
jakarta-commons-el
jakarta-commons-jxpath

pcheung:
jakarta-commons-daemon
jakarta-commons-fileupload
jakarta-commons-net

In order to complete the process, it is necessary for the package
owner to retire the package in pkgdb [3] so if I'd be most grateful if
you'd be able to do that or release ownership of the package so that
someone else may do it.

Thanks for your help,
Mat

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JakartaCommonsRename
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4128
[3] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Old 09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Permaine Cheung

Hi,

I've released the ownership of the 3 packages that I owned.

Thanks,
Permaine

Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Mat Booth

On 22 September 2010 14:04, Permaine Cheung <pcheung@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've released the ownership of the 3 packages that I owned.
>
> Thanks,
> Permaine

Thanks, that's great.

By the way, if you wish to continue helping with these packages I'm
sure you'd be most welcome as a co-maintainer of the new
apache-commons-* versions. :-)

Regards,
Mat

Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Mat Booth

On 21 September 2010 22:03, Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> During the great jakarta-commons to apache-commons package rename of
> 2010, [1] the following packages of yours have been obsoleted by
> versions with a new apache-prefixed name and a ticket has been raised
> with rel-eng has been raised to block them [2] from F14 and F15:
>
> fnasser:
> *jakarta-commons-beanutils
> *jakarta-commons-configuration
> *jakarta-commons-el
> *jakarta-commons-jxpath
>
> pcheung:
> *jakarta-commons-daemon
> *jakarta-commons-fileupload
> *jakarta-commons-net
>
> In order to complete the process, it is necessary for the package
> owner to retire the package in pkgdb [3] so if I'd be most grateful if
> you'd be able to do that or release ownership of the package so that
> someone else may do it.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Mat
>

> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JakartaCommonsRename
> [2] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4128
> [3] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

Hey,

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Fernando Nasser? He needs
prodding into retiring the Jakarta packages mentioned above.

Regards,
Mat

Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Chris Spike

On 09/21/2010 11:03 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
[jakarta commons rename]
> In order to complete the process, it is necessary for the package
> owner to retire the package in pkgdb [3] so if I'd be most grateful if
> you'd be able to do that or release ownership of the package so that
> someone else may do it.

The last remaining packages are

mbooth:
commons-modeler
commons-pool
commons-validator
commons-dbcp

devrim:
commons-collections

Please go through [1] or alternatively orphan the package in pkgdb so
someone else can take care about deleting the files etc.

Regards, Chris

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Mat Booth

On 28 October 2010 12:33, Chris Spike <chris.spike@arcor.de> wrote:
> On 09/21/2010 11:03 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> [jakarta commons rename]
>> In order to complete the process, it is necessary for the package
>> owner to retire the package in pkgdb [3] so if I'd be most grateful if
>> you'd be able to do that or release ownership of the package so that
>> someone else may do it.
>
> The last remaining packages are
>
> mbooth:
> *commons-modeler