-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   Looking for small .spec example for srpm that uses maven2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/426380-looking-small-spec-example-srpm-uses-maven2.html)

Stanislav Ochotnicky 09-13-2010 10:38 AM

Looking for small .spec example for srpm that uses maven2

Excerpts from Deepak Bhole's message of Fri Sep 10 21:58:11 +0200 2010:
> * Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@gmail.com> [2010-09-10 15:49]:
> > I am learning to develop Java source packages for F13/14 that are using Maven 2.
> >
> > Is there an example of a .spec file that anyone could recommend as
> > well as the tutorial how
> > to develop a spec file for SRPM for small Java package that uses Maven 2?
> >
> > On %build step I am getting non-descriptive errors that may simple be
> > result of some
> > beginners error with Java+rpmbuild but I would like to get some good
> > learning example
> > and a tutorial so that I can continue make progress and contribute packages.
> >

> plexus-ant-factory is a good example of a simple rpm with a single
> jar/pom.

Actually I would rather suggest looking into either apache-commons-X
packages or some of the new maven-XX-plugin packages. They are
new, recently reviewed so should be following guidelines. Current
plexus-ant-factory has a lot of packaging guidelines violations
(including parent directories in %files, define instead of global
and that's just from first look)

> maven-scm is a good example of a complex rpm in that it is small
> and clean and installs many jars and poms.

I'd like to point out that while both packages use SCM as SOURCE,
it is always preferred to use source tarball. Problem is that a lot
of java projects don't provide them.

PGP: 71A1677C
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com

Edmon Begoli 09-14-2010 04:08 PM

Looking for small .spec example for srpm that uses maven2

>>Actually I would rather suggest looking into either apache-commons-X
>>packages or some of the new maven-XX-plugin packages. They are
>>new, recently reviewed so should be following guidelines. Current
>>plexus-ant-factory has a lot of packaging guidelines violations
>>(including parent directories in %files, define instead of global
>>and that's just from first look)

Stanislav:

Is there a specific small, Maven2 package that has passed Fedora QA
that I could use as a model?

If the package is really helpful in getting me off the ground and producing
a good package I could also document my process and contribute it to the
fedora-java-maven2 documentation.

Thank you

Mat Booth 09-14-2010 04:55 PM

On 14 September 2010 17:08, Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Actually I would rather suggest looking into either apache-commons-X
>>>packages or some of the new maven-XX-plugin packages. They are
>>>new, recently reviewed so should be following guidelines. Current
>>>plexus-ant-factory has a lot of packaging guidelines violations
>>>(including parent directories in %files, define instead of global
>>>and that's just from first look)
>
> Stanislav:
>
> Is there a specific small, Maven2 package that has passed Fedora QA
> that I could use as a model?
>
> If the package is really helpful in getting me off the ground and producing
> a good package I could also document my process and contribute it to the
> fedora-java-maven2 documentation.
>
> Thank you

As Stanislav says, the apache-commons-x ones are about as simple as
they come and they have been reviewed very recently indeed. Have a
look at commons-codec [1] for example.

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=apache-commons-codec.git;a=summary

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Edmon Begoli 09-14-2010 11:08 PM

Looking for small .spec example for srpm that uses maven2

Thanks.

This looks like a great model package.

Edmon