-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   Fedora SIG Meeting minutes from September 7th (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/424300-fedora-sig-meeting-minutes-september-7th.html)

Stanislav Ochotnicky 09-08-2010 08:06 AM

Fedora SIG Meeting minutes from September 7th

First meeting of Java SIG was worth it from my POV. We have quite a lot
to do, but now we at least have a plan and there were a few useful
suggestions.

Further meetings will be held on Tuesdays, every other week at 17:00 UTC

=========================
#fedora-meeting-1 Meeting
=========================

Meeting started by sochotni at 18:05:25 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-09-07/fedora-meeting-1.2010-09-07-18.05.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Decide when/where we'll be meeting (sochotni, 18:05:37)
* AGREED: Meetings will be held on Tuesdays, every other week at 17:00
UTC (sochotni, 18:08:06)

* Tasks for starting java-sig properly (sochotni, 18:09:18)
* AGREED: sochotni and akurtakov prepare list of java packages that
will be monitored for commits (sochotni, 18:13:22)
* ACTION: sochotni and akurtakov prepare list of java packages that
will be monitored for commits (sochotni, 18:13:45)
* ACTION: sochotni will review plexus packages, which ones were
replaced by which ones. Creating tracking bug for this (announced
later) (sochotni, 18:19:53)
* LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java (akurtakov,
18:24:50)
* AGREED: akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for
java. orionp and sochotni will review (sochotni, 18:27:08)
* ACTION: akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for
java. orionp and sochotni will review (sochotni, 18:27:21)
* ACTION: sochotni will prepare new java review template and will test
it with bozhidar (sochotni, 18:30:59)
* sochotni will move his common maven problems to SIG namespace and
others will improve it (sochotni, 18:35:57)
* akurtakov and bmahe will be looking into packages using ivy to get
ideas for guidelines (sochotni, 18:41:30)
* ACTION: akurtakov will include need to add java packages for review
into special Java SIG namespace (sochotni, 18:44:32)
* link for seeing most of java package reviews:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&b ug_status=ASSIGNED&longdesc=java&component=Package %20Review&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&product=Fed ora&classification=Fedora
(sochotni, 18:45:49)
* sponsors: orionp and akurtakov (akurtakov, 18:49:58)
* provenpackagers: orionp, akurtakov, mbooth, mefoster (akurtakov,
18:50:34)
* ACTION: bozhidar will fix up Java and Java/FAQ pages. sochotni will
review them (sochotni, 18:58:05)
* ACTION: cspike: after new guidelines are finished create ant, maven
and eclipse package templates and include them in rpmdevtools
(sochotni, 19:05:29)

Meeting ended at 19:05:43 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* sochotni and akurtakov prepare list of java packages that will be
monitored for commits
* sochotni will review plexus packages, which ones were replaced by
which ones. Creating tracking bug for this (announced later)
* akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for java. orionp
and sochotni will review
* sochotni will prepare new java review template and will test it with
bozhidar
* akurtakov will include need to add java packages for review into
special Java SIG namespace
* bozhidar will fix up Java and Java/FAQ pages. sochotni will review
them
* cspike: after new guidelines are finished create ant, maven and
eclipse package templates and include them in rpmdevtools

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* akurtakov
* sochotni and akurtakov prepare list of java packages that will be
monitored for commits
* akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for java.
orionp and sochotni will review
* akurtakov will include need to add java packages for review into
special Java SIG namespace
* bozhidar
* sochotni will prepare new java review template and will test it with
bozhidar
* bozhidar will fix up Java and Java/FAQ pages. sochotni will review
them
* orionp
* akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for java.
orionp and sochotni will review
* sochotni
* sochotni and akurtakov prepare list of java packages that will be
monitored for commits
* sochotni will review plexus packages, which ones were replaced by
which ones. Creating tracking bug for this (announced later)
* akurtakov will prepare new packaging guidelines draft for java.
orionp and sochotni will review
* sochotni will prepare new java review template and will test it with
bozhidar
* bozhidar will fix up Java and Java/FAQ pages. sochotni will review
them
* **UNASSIGNED**
* cspike: after new guidelines are finished create ant, maven and
eclipse package templates and include them in rpmdevtools

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* sochotni (98)
* akurtakov (81)
* orionp (15)
* bmahe (10)
* bozhidar (7)
* agajania (6)
* zodbot (3)

PGP: 71A1677C
Red Hat Inc. http://cz.redhat.com

Mat Booth 09-08-2010 02:49 PM

On 8 September 2010 09:06, Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@redhat.com> wrote:

> First meeting of Java SIG was worth it from my POV. We have quite a lot
> to do, but now we at least have a plan and there were a few useful
> suggestions.

Sorry I missed it. One small correction: I'm a sponsor as well as a
provenpackager.

Mat

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Guido Grazioli 09-08-2010 03:24 PM

On 8 September 2010 09:06, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:

> First meeting of Java SIG was worth it from my POV. We have quite a lot
> to do, but now we at least have a plan and there were a few useful
> suggestions.

Unfortunately i couldn't attend the meeting, however i'd like to contribute
to the SIG and enlisted myself in the wiki.

Cheers

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli@gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)