Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Joshua Daniel Franklin

Default Building mod_jk on Fedora 10

I found this Red Hat SPEC which is newer than the one on the jpackage website:

ftp://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/4AS/en/RHAPS/SRPMS/mod_jk-1.2.20-1jpp_2rh.src.rpm

Unfortunately it fails on Fedora 10 (it can't find
/usr/lib/jvm/java/include/linux/ ) but if I
comment out the patches and update the tarball to the latest mod_jk
1.2.27 it gets farther.

Before I do a bunch of legwork, though, does anyone have other suggestions, or
knowledge of these patches?

Patch0: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-%{version}-libtool-tag.patch
Patch1: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-%{version}-jni.patch
Patch2: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-%{version}-pointer-cast.patch
Patch3: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-%{version}-jk_uri_worker_map.patch
# XXX:
# This patch fixes bug 237658 - Makes default for JkOptions
ForwardURICompatUnparsed
# Also updates the documentation to reflect this
Patch4: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-%{version}-default-jkoptions.patch

Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 AM
David Walluck

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

I found this Red Hat SPEC which is newer than the one on the jpackage website:

You may want to use mod_jk-1.2.26-0.0.1mdv2009.0.src.rpm which I created
as it's pretty recent and builds under openjdk.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<david@zarb.org>

Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Joshua Daniel Franklin

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM, David Walluck wrote:
>> I found this Red Hat SPEC which is newer than the one on the jpackage
>> website:
>
> You may want to use mod_jk-1.2.26-0.0.1mdv2009.0.src.rpm which I created as
> it's pretty recent and builds under openjdk.

Thank you, David. I also found mod_jk-1.2.23-3.el5s2.src.rpm at
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHWAS/SRPMS/

Red Hat employees vivekl@ and dbhole@ updated it for 1.2.23 from
the SPEC at the jpackage website. I brought it to 1.2.27 with the simple
changes below and it builds fine with openjdk on Fedora 10.

Should this go in JPackage 5?
If so, what is the next step?

42,43c42,43
< Version: 1.2.23
< Release: 3%{?dist}
---
> Version: 1.2.27
> Release: 1%{?dist}
61c61
< BuildRequires: java-1.5.0-bea-devel
---
> BuildRequires: java-devel
179c179
< %doc native/README native/CHANGES native/NEWS native/TODO
---
> %doc native/README.txt native/CHANGES native/NEWS native/TODO.txt
189c189