-   Fedora Development Java (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/)
-   -   GCJ/OpenJDK Javadoc Generation (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development-java/216104-gcj-openjdk-javadoc-generation.html)

"Mat Booth" 12-21-2008 06:30 PM

GCJ/OpenJDK Javadoc Generation

Hi all,

I'm trying to package the Eclipse EMF (I will open a review request
when it's ready) and I'm having difficulty with javadoc generation.
Specifically, the javadocs inside the sdk subpackages fail to be
generated when using GCJ (sinjdoc) but it works when using OpenJDK.

Here are the spec and srpm if you want to see the package:

http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/eclipse-emf.spec
http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/eclipse-emf-2.4.1-1.fc10.src.rpm

Looking at the build logs, I think sinjdoc is choking on 1.5 syntax.
(Search the logs for [javadoc])

OpenJDK buildlog: http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/build-2.4.1-1.fc10.log
GCJ buildlog: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1014290&name=build.log

So do I need to make the build use OpenJDK instead of GCJ? How would I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Mat

--
Mat Booth
www.matbooth.co.uk

Andrew Haley 12-22-2008 10:06 AM

Mat Booth wrote:

> I'm trying to package the Eclipse EMF (I will open a review request
> when it's ready) and I'm having difficulty with javadoc generation.
> Specifically, the javadocs inside the sdk subpackages fail to be
> generated when using GCJ (sinjdoc) but it works when using OpenJDK.
>
> Here are the spec and srpm if you want to see the package:
>
> http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/eclipse-emf.spec
> http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/eclipse-emf-2.4.1-1.fc10.src.rpm
>
> Looking at the build logs, I think sinjdoc is choking on 1.5 syntax.
> (Search the logs for [javadoc])
>
> OpenJDK buildlog: http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/build-2.4.1-1.fc10.log
> GCJ buildlog: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1014290&name=build.log
>
> So do I need to make the build use OpenJDK instead of GCJ? How would I do that?

I think it's simply a matter of adding a BuildRequires: java-devel-openjdk

Andrew.

Andrew Overholt 12-22-2008 03:11 PM

GCJ/OpenJDK Javadoc Generation

* Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> [2008-12-21 14:31]:
> So do I need to make the build use OpenJDK instead of GCJ? How would I
> do that?

I think this may work: BR: java-devel >= 1:1.6.0

HTH,

Andrew

"Mat Booth" 12-22-2008 05:51 PM

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> [2008-12-21 14:31]:
>> So do I need to make the build use OpenJDK instead of GCJ? How would I
>> do that?
>
> I think this may work: BR: java-devel >= 1:1.6.0
>
> HTH,
>
> Andrew

That works spot on, cheers.

Can I then assume that the highest version JDK installed will always
be used by default? (In the context of our build system, there's
obviously no accounting for people's alternatives configuration.)

--
Mat Booth
www.matbooth.co.uk

Andrew Overholt 12-22-2008 07:17 PM

GCJ/OpenJDK Javadoc Generation

* Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> [2008-12-22 13:51]:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> [2008-12-21 14:31]:
> >> So do I need to make the build use OpenJDK instead of GCJ? How would I
> >> do that?
> >
> > I think this may work: BR: java-devel >= 1:1.6.0
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Andrew
> >

> That works spot on, cheers.
>
> Can I then assume that the highest version JDK installed will always
> be used by default? (In the context of our build system, there's
> obviously no accounting for people's alternatives configuration.)

Alternatives have weightings associated with them. I believe they're
something like 1000 * the digits of the release (with the second decimal
place dropped). So yeah, in koji you'll always get the highest one.

Andrew