Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Help with photran eclipse feature

I'm pretty close to getting the Eclipse Photran package ready for
Eclipse 3.4. However, I'm having some trouble packaging it up.

It seems to contain four "features", and I'm building them with:

for feature in org.eclipse.photran_feature org.eclipse.photran.intel
org.eclipse.photran.vpg_feature
org.eclipse.photran.xlf_feature

do
%{eclipse_base}/buildscripts/pdebuild -d cdt
-f $feature -a "-DjavacSource=1.5 -DjavacTarget=1.5"
done

Now the issue seems to be how/where to install. Each of the zip files
created starts with the directory "eclipse/" and 3 contain
"eclipse/contents.xml" files (which are different) so I don't think they
should unzip into the same directory. What makes sense?

Some more zip file details:

Archive: org.eclipse.photran_feature.zip
testing: eclipse/ OK
testing: eclipse/plugins/ OK
testing: eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.ui_4.0.4/ OK
..
testing:
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.managedbuilder.gnu.ui_4.0.4.ja r OK
testing:
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.managedbuilder.ui_4.0.4/ OK

..
testing: eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/ OK
testing: eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/META-INF/ OK
testing:
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF OK
testing:
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/photrancore.jar OK
testing:
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/plugin.properties OK

testing: eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/plugin.xml OK
testing: eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core_4.0.4/about.html OK
testing: eclipse/content.xml OK
testing: eclipse/features/ OK
testing: eclipse/features/org.eclipse.photran_feature_4.0.4/ OK
testing:
eclipse/features/org.eclipse.photran_feature_4.0.4/license.html OK
testing:
eclipse/features/org.eclipse.photran_feature_4.0.4/feature.xml OK
testing:
eclipse/features/org.eclipse.photran_feature_4.0.4/epl-v10.html OK

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Andrew Overholt

Hi,

* Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> [2008-08-28 14:09]:
> for feature in org.eclipse.photran_feature org.eclipse.photran.intel
> org.eclipse.photran.vpg_feature
> org.eclipse.photran.xlf_feature

We usually try to match features to binary RPMs.

> Now the issue seems to be how/where to install. Each of the zip files
> created starts with the directory "eclipse/" and 3 contain
> "eclipse/contents.xml" files (which are different) so I don't think they
> should unzip into the same directory. What makes sense?

If you want them to all be in the same binary RPM, just unzip them all
there and remove the content.xml. content.xml is just for speeding up
the first startup after this plugin is installed and isn't strictly
necessary.

Andrew

Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Orion Poplawski

Andrew Overholt wrote:

Hi,

* Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> [2008-08-28 14:09]:

for feature in org.eclipse.photran_feature org.eclipse.photran.intel
org.eclipse.photran.vpg_feature
org.eclipse.photran.xlf_feature

We usually try to match features to binary RPMs.

Now the issue seems to be how/where to install. Each of the zip files
created starts with the directory "eclipse/" and 3 contain
"eclipse/contents.xml" files (which are different) so I don't think they
should unzip into the same directory. What makes sense?

If you want them to all be in the same binary RPM, just unzip them all
there and remove the content.xml. content.xml is just for speeding up
the first startup after this plugin is installed and isn't strictly
necessary.

I'm not sure if any of the other features are useful independent of each
other or if you ever would want "photran_feature" without
"photran.vpg_feature". I've asked upstream.

I could certainly install in:

%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran
%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran.vpg
%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran.xlf

I could also have 3 sub-packages, but if they all depend on each other
that seems silly.

Also, I'm ending up with paths like

%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran/eclipse/features/

Should I remove the second "eclipse" or not bother?

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Andrew Overholt

Hi,

* Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> [2008-08-28 16:18]:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
>>
>> * Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> [2008-08-28 14:09]:
>>> for feature in org.eclipse.photran_feature org.eclipse.photran.intel
>>> org.eclipse.photran.vpg_feature
>>> org.eclipse.photran.xlf_feature
>>
>> We usually try to match features to binary RPMs.
>>
>>> Now the issue seems to be how/where to install. Each of the zip
>>> files created starts with the directory "eclipse/" and 3 contain
>>> "eclipse/contents.xml" files (which are different) so I don't think
>>> they should unzip into the same directory. What makes sense?
>>
>> If you want them to all be in the same binary RPM, just unzip them all
>> there and remove the content.xml. content.xml is just for speeding up
>> the first startup after this plugin is installed and isn't strictly
>> necessary.
>
> I'm not sure if any of the other features are useful independent of each
> other or if you ever would want "photran_feature" without
> "photran.vpg_feature". I've asked upstream.

Okay. Just dump them in the same place if you don't want separation.

> %{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran/eclipse/features/
>
> Should I remove the second "eclipse" or not bother?

Yeah, remove it. It'll work, but it's better without it. Some time
soon (before F10) I am going to go through all of the plugins we have in
Fedora and fix this.

Andrew