Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Deepak Bhole

Default Building a package that uses Maven and depends on other libraries

* Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster@gmail.com> [2008-08-14 08:13]:
> I've embarked on a quest to package JabRef for Fedora
> (http://jabref.sourceforge.net/). It has an annoying number of
> dependencies, but the one I'm stuck on right now is "spin"
> (http://spin.sourceforge.net/). This in turn depends on cglib
> (http://cglib.sourceforge.net), which is easy to package and I've got
> a version already at
> http://mef.fedorapeople.org/cglib/
> (haven't put it up for review yet because I want to try to get
> everything complete).
>
> The problem now is: spin is built with maven, about which I know just
> about nothing. I've managed to install the required maven plugins
> (compiler, assembler, etc), but how do I point maven at my cglib jar
> file in /usr/share/java? The relevant part of the pom.xml file looks
> like this:
> <dependency>
> <groupId>cglib</groupId>
> <artifactId>cglib-nodep</artifactId>
> <version>2.1_3</version>
> <optional>true</optional>
> </dependency>
> I've tried making the obvious edits -- changing cglib-nodep to cglib
> and version to 2.2 to agree with the cglib RPM -- but mv-jpp still
> persists in not finding it when I try to build. What's the magic
> trick? Is it documented in the wiki anywhere that I've missed?

Ideally, the cglib rpm needs to install a depmap fragment in this case.
That consists of using the add_to_maven_depmap and update_maven_depmap
macros. Their usage is specified here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Java/JPPMavenReadme#Packages_adding_their_own_depmaps

Alternatively, you can hack around updating cglib by specifying a custom
depmap when building JabRef. Info on that is on the page above as well.

Cheers,
Deepak