Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 PM
"Mary Ellen Foster"

Default Building a package that uses Maven and depends on other libraries

I've embarked on a quest to package JabRef for Fedora
(http://jabref.sourceforge.net/). It has an annoying number of
dependencies, but the one I'm stuck on right now is "spin"
(http://spin.sourceforge.net/). This in turn depends on cglib
(http://cglib.sourceforge.net), which is easy to package and I've got
a version already at
http://mef.fedorapeople.org/cglib/
(haven't put it up for review yet because I want to try to get
everything complete).

The problem now is: spin is built with maven, about which I know just
about nothing. I've managed to install the required maven plugins
(compiler, assembler, etc), but how do I point maven at my cglib jar
file in /usr/share/java? The relevant part of the pom.xml file looks
like this:
<dependency>
<groupId>cglib</groupId>
<artifactId>cglib-nodep</artifactId>
<version>2.1_3</version>
<optional>true</optional>
</dependency>
I've tried making the obvious edits -- changing cglib-nodep to cglib
and version to 2.2 to agree with the cglib RPM -- but mv-jpp still
persists in not finding it when I try to build. What's the magic
trick? Is it documented in the wiki anywhere that I've missed?

Thanks for any help,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München

Old 08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
"Mary Ellen Foster"

2008/8/14 Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster@gmail.com>:
This in turn depends on cglib
> (http://cglib.sourceforge.net), which is easy to package and I've got
> a version already at
> http://mef.fedorapeople.org/cglib/
> (haven't put it up for review yet because I want to try to get
> everything complete).

Oops, make that URL http://mef.fedorapeople.org/packages/cglib/ ...
sorry about that.

MEF

Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
"Mary Ellen Foster"

2008/8/14 Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster@gmail.com>:
> 2008/8/14 Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster@gmail.com>:
> This in turn depends on cglib
>> (http://cglib.sourceforge.net), which is easy to package and I've got
>> a version already at
>> http://mef.fedorapeople.org/cglib/
>> (haven't put it up for review yet because I want to try to get
>> everything complete).
>
> Oops, make that URL http://mef.fedorapeople.org/packages/cglib/ ...
> sorry about that.

(Talking to myself ...) Hmm, looks like cglib (an older version) is in
jpackage already:
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/1.7/generic/free/repodata/repoview/cglib-0-2.1.3-2jpp.html
What's the protocol for importing jpackage things into fedora that
aren't already in?

MEF