Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
"Mary Ellen Foster"

Default Adding an "asm3" package

In Fedora at the moment, there's an "asm2" package
(asm2-2.2.3-2jpp.1.fc9.noarch). ASM was actually upgraded to version 3
quite a while ago (see http://asm.objectweb.org/), and the current
version is 3.1. A package I'd like to submit to Fedora appears to
(indirectly) depend on asm version 3. I'm wondering how to proceed ...
why is the current package called "asm2" rather than just "asm"? Does
this mean we need an "asm3" package now too, or is it possible to just
create an "asm" package with the correct versioning.

I've made a first stab at creating an "asm3" package based on the
current asm2 one; it can be seen here:
http://mef.fedorapeople.org/packages/asm3/
How should I proceed from here?

Thanks,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München

Old 08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Deepak Bhole

* Mary Ellen Foster <foster@in.tum.de> [2008-08-13 10:18]:
> In Fedora at the moment, there's an "asm2" package
> (asm2-2.2.3-2jpp.1.fc9.noarch). ASM was actually upgraded to version 3
> quite a while ago (see http://asm.objectweb.org/), and the current
> version is 3.1. A package I'd like to submit to Fedora appears to
> (indirectly) depend on asm version 3. I'm wondering how to proceed ...
> why is the current package called "asm2" rather than just "asm"? Does
> this mean we need an "asm3" package now too, or is it possible to just
> create an "asm" package with the correct versioning.
>
> I've made a first stab at creating an "asm3" package based on the
> current asm2 one; it can be seen here:
> http://mef.fedorapeople.org/packages/asm3/
> How should I proceed from here?

I was about to do the same a while ago (upgrade to 3) but then found out
that it is already in Fedora.. just uses a different name:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5418

Cheers,
Deepak