Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Lillian Angel

Default Question about gcjwebplugin

Hi,

David Fischer (DHL US) wrote:

ALL,

I have a question on how to debug issues with java-1.6.0-openjdk plugins
not working on fedora 9. Where are there any web resources that give
information on debugging applets? Also I have issues running any
applets that require a login (e.g. 401 auth error) does anyone know how
to fix this?

Running firefox with -g from the commandline should give you some
debug output.

Still, applets that require javascript support will not work. This is
a work-in-progress.

Cheers,
Lillian

Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
"David Fischer (DHL US)"

Lillian,

My problem is with like weblogic console and jboss web-consoles that
connect back into the server and need to be authenticated with a user
name and password. Is this a Javascript thing or is the plugin not
sending the token back?

thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Deepak Bhole

* David Fischer (DHL US) <David.Fischer@dhl.com> [2008-08-08 11:25]:
> Lillian,
>
> My problem is with like weblogic console and jboss web-consoles that
> connect back into the server and need to be authenticated with a user
> name and password. Is this a Javascript thing or is the plugin not
> sending the token back?
>
> thanks

If you put print statements in your applet, and run firefox with -g, you
should be able to see the output and use that to find the problem.
I don't know of any way to attach to the process to a debugger as it
stands right now.

Cheers,
Deepak