Old 12-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Timothy Selivanow

Default Eclipse error when doing a "Run As" in a java project

I'm seeing issues when trying to do a "Run" or "Run As". I went
through the HelloWorld tutorial to make sure I'm not missing anything,
and at the end of the tutorial when it says:

To run your application, right-click on your class in the Package
Explorer and select Run As > Java Application. The Console view should
appear at the bottom and display the "Hello, world!" output.

There is only "Open Run Dialog..." when I right click on the class and
hover on "Run As". If I go through and add a configuration under "Java
Application" (and add HelloWorld as the class) or just click the run
button on the toolbar and choose "Java Application", I get the following
error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try
again

What am I missing?

--Tim
/ NEW YORK-- Kraft Foods, Inc. announced today that its board of
| directors unanimously rejected the $11 billion takeover bid by Philip |
| Morris and Co. A Kraft spokesman stated in a press conference that the |
| offer was rejected because the $90-per-share bid did not reflect the |
| true value of the company. |
| Wall Street insiders, however, tell quite a different story. |
| Apparently, the Kraft board of directors had all but signed the takeover |
| agreement when they learned of Philip Morris' marketing plans for one of |
| their major Middle East subsidiaries. To a person, the board voted to |
| reject the bid when they discovered that the tobacco giant intended to |
reorganize Israeli Cheddar, Ltd., and name the new company Cheeses of Nazareth. /