Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Tarus Balog

Default Introduction to the List from OpenNMS

Gang:

Hello there. I am one of the maintainers for OpenNMS, a free and open,
enterprise-grade network management system written in Java. With the
advent of OpenJDK we are hoping to get involved in the packaging of
Java applications such as our own. I had lunch with gdk and Michael
DeHaan today and it was suggested that this would be the best list for
this.

http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=222

So I just wanted to say "howdy".

-T

Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Greg Dekoenigsberg

Gang:

Hello there. I am one of the maintainers for OpenNMS, a free and open,
enterprise-grade network management system written in Java. With the
advent of OpenJDK we are hoping to get involved in the packaging of Java
applications such as our own. I had lunch with gdk and Michael DeHaan
today and it was suggested that this would be the best list for this.

http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=222

So I just wanted to say "howdy".

And since I just now joined myself, I wanted to say "howdy" as well.

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of energy around packaging Java
applications for Fedora, now that OpenJDK is in Fedora 9. So I may well
be driving a lot of Java folks to this list to absorb everyone's collected
wisdom. Blame me if the rabble start tearing up the place.

--g

Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Andrew Overholt

* Tarus Balog <tarus@opennms.org> [2008-06-04 18:58]: