FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Dalibor Topic
 
Default Resend5: Cannot proceed with JavaHelp

Jaroslav Tulach wrote:

Hi Jarda,

it seems that you got tripped up by different mail addresses: the one you're
subscribed on this list according to the lists's maintainer Gary Benson
is your
netbeans.org address, but the one you've sent this mail from is your
sun.com

address, so it didn't show up on the list or in the archives. :/

(I can recommend using IRC for this kind of communication problems, as I
was able to quickly find overholt, mjw and gbenson on #fedora-java,
who helped track this one down, and they were very helpful.)

As far as the problem you describe goes, you're right, there are no
instructions

to create .ssh/id_dsa on the 'Join' page. If you scroll down to the
'Get a Fedora account part', you'll see a link in the first line to the
descrption
of the Fedora Account System
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem>. Clicking
on it will take you to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem which under
section

1.4.3 lists


What is an SSH key, and why do I need one?

SSH <http://openssh.org/> , short for Secure SHell, allows
cryptographically authenticated and encrypted connections between
computers. SSH is used to tunnel CVS connections for the Fedora Project.
Anytime you use CVS with the Fedora Project, the transaction will be
performed through an SSH connection. Your SSH key will identify you to
the CVS servers, and host keys on the CVS servers will allow your
computer to verify the remote server, too. An SSH key is only needed if
you are planning on contributing source code, working on Fedora Project
website pages or using fedorapeople.org.


See Cryptography <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography>

and clicking on the cryptography link will take you to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography , which in turn has a brief
introduction to creating ssh keys at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography#Creating_SSH_Keys

when it comes to uploading the freshly created ssh key to your fedora
account, I hope the way pointed out by david walluck at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2008-May/msg00026.html
still works.

If you run into further trouble, jump on IRC on #fedora-java on Freenode,
and we should be able to help you, and others at the NetBeans team get
their

code packaged for Fedora.

mjw (Mark Wielaard) suggested that it's best to work with the sponsor,
in your

case that's fitzsim (Tom Fitzsimmons). Feel free to contact me, too!

best of luck,
dalibor topic


Dne Saturday 24 May 2008 07:24:20 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):


Dne Monday 19 May 2008 20:02:20 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):


Dne Monday 12 May 2008 20:48:07 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):


Hello guys,
I need help with fedora-cvs, it yields:

Error: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

I guess that will be because missing .ssh directory, but when following
the page
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
there was no instruction to create .ssh/id_dsa! Or is it there and I am
just too blind to find it?


Please advice.
-jst








--
************************************************** *****************
Dalibor Topic
Java F/OSS Ambassador http://openjdk.java.net
Sun Microsystems GmbH mailtoalibor.Topic@sun.com
Nagelsweg 55
D-20097 Hamburg


Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring

--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Jaroslav Tulach
 
Default Resend5: Cannot proceed with JavaHelp

Dne Tuesday 03 June 2008 17:56:50 Dalibor Topic napsal(a):
> Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
>
> Hi Jarda,
>
> it seems that you got tripped up by different mail addresses: the one
> you're subscribed on this list according to the lists's maintainer Gary
> Benson is your
> netbeans.org address, but the one you've sent this mail from is your
> sun.com
> address, so it didn't show up on the list or in the archives. :/

But I have send multiple messages with multiple email addresses. Attaching the
one with right address.

> (I can recommend using IRC for this kind of communication problems, as I
> was able to quickly find overholt, mjw and gbenson on #fedora-java,
> who helped track this one down, and they were very helpful.)

My experience with IRC is very bad. Are people on IRC 24x7? No, and I do not
have time to sit there whole day. I have five minutes to do the packaging per
day.

Anyway thanks a lot for finding an answer for me. I really want to integrate
the javahelp2, before I give up.
-jst

> As far as the problem you describe goes, you're right, there are no
> instructions
> to create .ssh/id_dsa on the 'Join' page. If you scroll down to the
> 'Get a Fedora account part', you'll see a link in the first line to the
> descrption
> of the Fedora Account System
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem>. Clicking
> on it will take you to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem which under
> section
> 1.4.3 lists
>
>
> What is an SSH key, and why do I need one?
>
> SSH <http://openssh.org/> , short for Secure SHell, allows
> cryptographically authenticated and encrypted connections between
> computers. SSH is used to tunnel CVS connections for the Fedora Project.
> Anytime you use CVS with the Fedora Project, the transaction will be
> performed through an SSH connection. Your SSH key will identify you to
> the CVS servers, and host keys on the CVS servers will allow your
> computer to verify the remote server, too. An SSH key is only needed if
> you are planning on contributing source code, working on Fedora Project
> website pages or using fedorapeople.org.
>
> See Cryptography <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography>
>
> and clicking on the cryptography link will take you to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography , which in turn has a brief
> introduction to creating ssh keys at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cryptography#Creating_SSH_Keys
>
> when it comes to uploading the freshly created ssh key to your fedora
> account, I hope the way pointed out by david walluck at
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2008-May/msg00026.ht
>ml still works.
>
> If you run into further trouble, jump on IRC on #fedora-java on Freenode,
> and we should be able to help you, and others at the NetBeans team get
> their
> code packaged for Fedora.
>
> mjw (Mark Wielaard) suggested that it's best to work with the sponsor,
> in your
> case that's fitzsim (Tom Fitzsimmons). Feel free to contact me, too!
>
> best of luck,
> dalibor topic
>
> > Dne Saturday 24 May 2008 07:24:20 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):
> >> Dne Monday 19 May 2008 20:02:20 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):
> >>> Dne Monday 12 May 2008 20:48:07 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):
> >>>> Hello guys,
> >>>> I need help with fedora-cvs, it yields:
> >>>>
> >>>> Error: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
> >>>> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
> >>>> messages if any)
> >>>>
> >>>> I guess that will be because missing .ssh directory, but when
> >>>> following the page
> >>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
> >>>> there was no instruction to create .ssh/id_dsa! Or is it there and I
> >>>> am just too blind to find it?
> >>>
> >>> Please advice.
> >>> -jst
--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org