Old 04-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default system tools vs administration menu

Hi,

What's the difference actually supposed to be? Whatever it is certainly
some programs are not following the idea probably because the
distinction doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

gconf-editor is in system tools
yumex and smart is in system tools
gpk-application is in administration

Rahul

Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Valent Turkovic

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

What's the difference actually supposed to be? Whatever it is certainly
some programs are not following the idea probably because the
distinction doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

gconf-editor is in system tools
yumex and smart is in system tools
gpk-application is in administration

Rahul

I as a user find it very confusing. When I look for some system tool I
usually have to search for it because it is now always obvious where it
is supposed to be.

Cheers,
Valent.