Old 03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Fwd: Release Notes Update

From the docs@ list, FYI, in case someone has some time in which they
can contribute to release notes for desktop, system daemons, web
servers, or for that matter any other existing beats:

----- Forwarded message from "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr@arrl.net> -----

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 23:27 -0400, Christopher R. Antila wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have some unexpected extra time today, so I'll finish the Desktop beat.

That would be much appreciated. I need to get cracking on the RPM or it
won't make it into beta. I see we have KDE there but no GNOME. Without
some help there will be no mention of GNOME 3.4 in the RNs (other than a
word in Overview). Also, there are some minimal notes in Musicians. Do
they need to be embellished or will we leave that beat blank?

On https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats I have marked as
empty those beats that I think will be empty in the release notes. If
anyone feels like that is a problem you only have a few hours to fix it.

I'm going to get working on the Multimedia beat. If anyone could grab
the Daemons beat it would be much appreciated. Or the other way around,
if someone wants to take Multimedia while I work on Daemons that would
work, too.

Also, Yuri made some notes in Web Servers. If he or someone else could
embellish those it would be good.

I anticipate building the RPM around 1800Z. I will then be looking for
folks to quickly give it some karma.

--McD

----- End forwarded message -----

Old 03-21-2012, 01:49 PM