-   -   OpenOffice on F9 Live CD? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/58862-openoffice-f9-live-cd.html)

Rahul Sundaram 03-18-2008 05:31 PM

OpenOffice on F9 Live CD?

Valent Turkovic wrote:

2008/3/18 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:49 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Has anybody dome some analysis how come ubuntu squezed full OOo on theirs CDs?
> What have they sacrificed? Do they have some tricks that fedora live
> cd isn't using?

IIRC they do English only.

Will Fedora do this also?

Not really. L10N is important enough to have by default.

Rahul

Ps: Please stop cross posting to multiple lists repeatedly.

"Valent Turkovic" 03-19-2008 08:52 AM

OpenOffice on F9 Live CD?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:

> >> IIRC they do English only.
> >
> > Will Fedora do this also?
>
> Not really. L10N is important enough to have by default.

Ok, I didn't understand that when you install L10N then you must have
all different languages.
Isn't there a way to choose which to have and which to exclude?

> Rahul
>
> Ps: Please stop cross posting to multiple lists repeatedly.

You misunderstood my behavior. I didn't cross post. I posted to WRONG
mailing list, and then realized that so I posted again to this list
when I realized that the first one was wrong one. If I could I would
delete the first email.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Matthias Clasen 03-19-2008 11:57 AM

OpenOffice on F9 Live CD?

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:52 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Ok, I didn't understand that when you install L10N then you must have
> all different languages.
> Isn't there a way to choose which to have and which to exclude

Please read the archives. You can find prior discussion of this topic, I
believe on the fedora-livecd-list