Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Christoph Wickert

Default Broken dep in control center prefents creation of nightly livecds

For quite some time creation of nightly spins is failing because of:

DEBUG util.py:247: Error creating Live CD : Failed to build
transaction : 1:control-center-3.2.0-1.fc16.i686 requires libnm-gtk.so.0

I wonder how this could happen after beta and I don't see an update for
NetworkManager to fix it. Did I miss something?

Regards,
Christoph

Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Bill Nottingham

Christoph Wickert (christoph.wickert@googlemail.com) said:
> For quite some time creation of nightly spins is failing because of:
>
> DEBUG util.py:247: Error creating Live CD : Failed to build
> transaction : 1:control-center-3.2.0-1.fc16.i686 requires libnm-gtk.so.0
>
> I wonder how this could happen after beta and I don't see an update for
> NetworkManager to fix it. Did I miss something?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-13425

Looks to be a tag snafu, will fix.

Bill

Old 10-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 18:16 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> For quite some time creation of nightly spins is failing because of:
>
> DEBUG util.py:247: Error creating Live CD : Failed to build
> transaction : 1:control-center-3.2.0-1.fc16.i686 requires libnm-gtk.so.0
>
> I wonder how this could happen after beta and I don't see an update for
> NetworkManager to fix it. Did I miss something?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-13425

the NetworkManager-gtk subpackage of that build provides
libnm-gtk.so.0 . That's been stable since 09-30. So, no idea why nightly
compose would choke on it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Dienstag, den 11.10.2011, 14:11 -0400 schrieb Evandro Giovanini:
> Em Ter, 2011-10-11 ąs 18:16 +0200, Christoph Wickert escreveu:
> > For quite some time creation of nightly spins is failing because of:
> >
> > DEBUG util.py:247: Error creating Live CD : Failed to build
> > transaction : 1:control-center-3.2.0-1.fc16.i686 requires libnm-gtk.so.0
> >
> > I wonder how this could happen after beta and I don't see an update for
> > NetworkManager to fix it. Did I miss something?
>
> NetworkManager-gtk satisfies that dependency but it's only available in
> updates-testing, which I'm guessing the livecd creation process ignores.

I don't see an update for NetworkManager in
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/NetworkManager

Regards,
Christoph

Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM