-   -   Fedora 16 Beta RC3: desktop validation requested (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/580758-fedora-16-beta-rc3-desktop-validation-requested.html)

Adam Williamson 09-27-2011 04:54 PM

Fedora 16 Beta RC3: desktop validation requested

Hey, everyone. We have one final Beta RC (hopefully!) for desktop

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/16-Beta.RC3/Live/x86_64/

We could really use some help ensuring the desktop validation tests are
done across all the desktops to make sure they're in shape for Beta.
More info and the results page here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_16_Beta_RC3_Desktop

It's easy to do the tests and file the results, there's full
instructions there, but do feel free to poke me or anyone else in
#fedora-qa if you have trouble.

At minimum we need the Alpha and Beta tests for Desktop, Fallback and
KDE to be complete in order to sign off on the Beta release, but it'd be
great to have results for all of the tests for all desktops.

We got the tests done for Desktop and KDE in RC2, and there should be no
difference with RC3 - the only changes between RC2 and RC3 are an
updated libreport to fix a bug with reporting bugs from the installer,
and dropping gnome-documents from the default install as it crashes on
start - but we still need to check. Fallback mode is highest priority as
that wasn't tested in RC2.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Adam Williamson 09-27-2011 04:56 PM

Fedora 16 Beta RC3: desktop validation requested

> We got the tests done for Desktop and KDE in RC2, and there should be no
> difference with RC3 - the only changes between RC2 and RC3 are an
> updated libreport to fix a bug with reporting bugs from the installer,
> and dropping gnome-documents from the default install as it crashes on
> start - but we still need to check. Fallback mode is highest priority as
> that wasn't tested in RC2.

actually, correction - I was looking at the RC3 matrix :) We already
have Desktop and KDE results for RC3, which is great, only Fallback
needs coverage now. Most of fallback was tested in RC2 but we need tests
on update installation and audio. Xfce doesn't have RC2 or RC3 results,
but LXDE was covered pretty well by Masami in RC2.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey