Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Adam Williamson

Default Fedora 16 / GNOME 3.2 Test Day?

Hey, folks. So, would it be a good idea to have a GNOME 3.2 Test Day
some time after we land 3.1.90, to test out the major new features and
ensure we catch any serious bugs before we get too frozen? I think we
could put one together based on the 3.0 Test Days pretty easily, and I'd
be happy to do so if you folks think it would be worthwhile. We don't
have any really awesome Thursday slots left - the remaining open slots
are pretty late in the cycle - but we can always make a Tuesday slot, so
it's no real problem. If you could let me know if you think it'd be a
good idea, and roughly when looks like a good time to do it, that'd be
great. thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Matthias Clasen

> Hey, folks. So, would it be a good idea to have a GNOME 3.2 Test Day
> some time after we land 3.1.90, to test out the major new features and
> ensure we catch any serious bugs before we get too frozen? I think we
> could put one together based on the 3.0 Test Days pretty easily, and I'd
> be happy to do so if you folks think it would be worthwhile. We don't
> have any really awesome Thursday slots left - the remaining open slots
> are pretty late in the cycle - but we can always make a Tuesday slot, so
> it's no real problem. If you could let me know if you think it'd be a
> good idea, and roughly when looks like a good time to do it, that'd be
> great. thanks

Sure, sounds like a good idea. I am in the process of getting a 3.1.90
megaupdate put together.

We will have to work a bit on test cases for all the new functionality
that has just landed. Any volunteers ?

As for time frames, I don't have any concrete proposals. Anytime after
3.1.90 makes it out would be good to me, provided we can get tests
written.