Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default Thumbnails/Previewable files

As it stands now I dont get thumbnails for my raw images ( ORF ) which
is one of those annoying important little things which I think we can do
better in supporting so I'm wondering in what's the ( future ) plans for
thumbnails/previews files in Gnome?

What's preventing nautilus to properly create thumbnails/previews of raw
image format and other files and arent having size and location limit on
thumbnails/previews things of the past?

JBG

Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:51 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> As it stands now I dont get thumbnails for my raw images ( ORF ) which
> is one of those annoying important little things which I think we can do
> better in supporting so I'm wondering in what's the ( future ) plans for
> thumbnails/previews files in Gnome?
>
> What's preventing nautilus to properly create thumbnails/previews of raw
> image format and other files and arent having size and location limit on
> thumbnails/previews things of the past?

It works fine with Canon CR2 raws, so this is not to do with raws in
particular, more this particular raw format, I think.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey