Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM
John Dulaney

Default Proposal: Too similar application names

>I've toyed with NotShowIn for the 3 utilities above and it looks like
>it makes them hidden just fine. In case when I put NotShowIn
>multiple
times, e.g. once for GNOME and once for KDE, the setting
>gets ignored
by GNOME (KDE honours it). Although that is not a
>problem now, as it
looks like we want to hide these just in GNOME,
>as it was suggested
that KDE settings do not provide system-wide
>configuration.
>Thus - would you guys agree to make the 3 duplicate system-config-*
>utilities "NotShowIn" in GNOME? And if so, what steps should we take
make this so?

Hey, Desktop Team,
What's the status of this?
John

Old 07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:55 -0400, John Dulaney wrote:
> >I've toyed with NotShowIn for the 3 utilities above and it looks like
> >it makes them hidden just fine. In case when I put NotShowIn
> >multiple
> times, e.g. once for GNOME and once for KDE, the setting
> >gets ignored
> by GNOME (KDE honours it). Although that is not a
> >problem now, as it
> looks like we want to hide these just in GNOME,
> >as it was suggested
> that KDE settings do not provide system-wide
> >configuration.
> >Thus - would you guys agree to make the 3 duplicate system-config-*
> >utilities "NotShowIn" in GNOME? And if so, what steps should we take
> make this so?
>

> Hey, Desktop Team,
> What's the status of this?

Those utilities aren't within the remit of the desktop team
unfortunately, so we can't exactly go and modify them. Did anyone file
bugs about it?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Bastien Nocera