Old 05-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Adam Williamson

Default GTK+2 Adwaita-y theme

Hey, folks. So I recall it was mentioned before that the reason there
isn't a real Adwaita for GTK+ 2 is simply that no-one got around to
doing it yet. There's a thread on the -devel list which linked to a
thread in the Ubuntu forums where some people have apparently been doing
this off their own bat:

the -devel list poster recommended the version done by ceramicm, which
can be found on page 3:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1764856&page=3

I don't know if this work is clean enough to be upstreamable, but if so,
maybe we could contact ceramicm to try and get the work integrated?

(Note I haven't actually tested / looked at this theme yet, I just
thought it would be a good idea to pass it along to a relevant list.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 05-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Bastien Nocera

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 10:28 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, folks. So I recall it was mentioned before that the reason there
> isn't a real Adwaita for GTK+ 2 is simply that no-one got around to
> doing it yet. There's a thread on the -devel list which linked to a
> thread in the Ubuntu forums where some people have apparently been doing
> this off their own bat:

> the -devel list poster recommended the version done by ceramicm, which
> can be found on page 3:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1764856&page=3
>
> I don't know if this work is clean enough to be upstreamable, but if so,
> maybe we could contact ceramicm to try and get the work integrated?
>
> (Note I haven't actually tested / looked at this theme yet, I just
> thought it would be a good idea to pass it along to a relevant list.)

Best ask the person to send the patch upstream, or even contact
upstream, as Garrett wants to do the same after poking at Chrome's theme
yesterday:
https://twitter.com/#!/garrett/status/75344172344807424

Cheers