Old 05-20-2011, 06:44 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default Installer + InitialSetup

Now this is what I call an Installer and Initial setup for the novice
desktop end users!

Finally the time has come where my mom ( given her old age ) can Install
linux

This is excellent work.

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Installer
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup

It would be good to get this landed as soon as possible in rawhide if
the intent is to introduce this during F16 development cycle since we
need to perform extensive testing on installation.

JBG

Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 06:44 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Now this is what I call an Installer and Initial setup for the novice
> desktop end users!
>
> Finally the time has come where my mom ( given her old age ) can Install
> linux
>
> This is excellent work.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Installer
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup
>
> It would be good to get this landed as soon as possible in rawhide if
> the intent is to introduce this during F16 development cycle since we
> need to perform extensive testing on installation.

The installer part of this is not being targeted for 3.2 (at least,
nobody is working on it right now). The initial-setup is; but it will be
a few more weeks before it is in anything close to testable shape.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Timur Kristˇf

On 05/20/2011 08:44 AM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Now this is what I call an Installer and Initial setup for the novice
> desktop end users!
>
> Finally the time has come where my mom ( given her old age ) can Install
> linux
>
> This is excellent work.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Installer
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup
>
> It would be good to get this landed as soon as possible in rawhide if
> the intent is to introduce this during F16 development cycle since we
> need to perform extensive testing on installation.
>
> JBG
Sure, but please change "Welcome to Gnome 3" to "Welcome to Fedora".

Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Bastien Nocera

On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 22:48 +0200, Timur Kristˇf wrote:
> On 05/20/2011 08:44 AM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> > Now this is what I call an Installer and Initial setup for the novice
> > desktop end users!
> >
> > Finally the time has come where my mom ( given her old age ) can Install
> > linux
> >
> > This is excellent work.
> >
> > https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Installer
> > https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup
> >
> > It would be good to get this landed as soon as possible in rawhide if
> > the intent is to introduce this during F16 development cycle since we
> > need to perform extensive testing on installation.
> >
> > JBG
> Sure, but please change "Welcome to Gnome 3" to "Welcome to Fedora".

Given that we're talking about upstream code that isn't even merged, and
designs that aren't 100% complete, it's ridiculous to make this sort of
request right now. Feel free to discuss again when actual code exists in
Fedora itself.