FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

Hey, everyone. So the third release candidate for the final Fedora 15
release is now up, and this time we have live images, that work! I'm so
excited. (For RC1 and RC2 we had a couple of bugs which stopped some of
the live images from composing, and stopped those that *did* compose
from actually booting).

So as always, we need some desktop validation testing!

You can find the images at
http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15.RC3/Live/ . The
desktop test instructions/results page is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Final_RC3_Desktop

Grab an image, go to that page, click on the 'test case' links, do the
tests, and enter your results in the 'Test Matrix' table. I'm afraid
there is no 'profit' step, except the warm fuzzy feeling you get when
contributing to a new Fedora release. We need to do all the tests for
the 'desktop', 'fallback' (GNOME 3 fallback mode), and 'KDE' columns at
least, and it'd be good to get the tests done for the other desktops too
so we know where they stand. If you hit any bugs which are complete
fails for any of the tests, please file them at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com and mark them as blocking the bug
'F15Blocker' (or if you don't have the privileges to do so, poke me and
I'll do it). Thanks! If you have any questions, do go ahead and ask.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 05-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Vitezslav Humpa
 
Default Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

Whoa, we spit those RC's fast :-) Like before, I am on it.

I encourage more of you guys to help here, we're getting really
close to the real deal here and it's getting exciting!

--
Vita Humpa
Fedora QA

----- Original Message -----
> Hey, everyone. So the third release candidate for the final Fedora 15
> release is now up, and this time we have live images, that work! I'he m
> so
> excited. (For RC1 and RC2 we had a couple of bugs which stopped some
> of
> the live images from composing, and stopped those that *did* compose
> from actually booting).
>
> So as always, we need some desktop validation testing!
>
> You can find the images at
> http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15.RC3/Live/ . The
> desktop test instructions/results page is:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Final_RC3_Desktop
>
> Grab an image, go to that page, click on the 'test case' links, do the
> tests, and enter your results in the 'Test Matrix' table. I'm afraid
> there is no 'profit' step, except the warm fuzzy feeling you get when
> contributing to a new Fedora release. We need to do all the tests for
> the 'desktop', 'fallback' (GNOME 3 fallback mode), and 'KDE' columns
> at
> least, and it'd be good to get the tests done for the other desktops
> too
> so we know where they stand. If you hit any bugs which are complete
> fails for any of the tests, please file them at
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com and mark them as blocking the bug
> 'F15Blocker' (or if you don't have the privileges to do so, poke me
> and
> I'll do it). Thanks! If you have any questions, do go ahead and ask.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --
> desktop mailing list
> desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 08:53 -0400, Vitezslav Humpa wrote:
> Whoa, we spit those RC's fast :-) Like before, I am on it.
>
> I encourage more of you guys to help here, we're getting really
> close to the real deal here and it's getting exciting!

RC3 should stick better than RC1 or RC2, they had problems that were
clear almost as soon as they were spun. RC3 doesn't have any really
obvious showstoppers.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Vitezslav Humpa
 
Default Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

I did KDE testing and part of gnome so far
and I agree - no stoppers on the desktop front!

--
Vita Humpa
Fedora QA

----- Original Message -----
> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 08:53 -0400, Vitezslav Humpa wrote:
> > Whoa, we spit those RC's fast :-) Like before, I am on it.
> >
> > I encourage more of you guys to help here, we're getting really
> > close to the real deal here and it's getting exciting!
>
> RC3 should stick better than RC1 or RC2, they had problems that were
> clear almost as soon as they were spun. RC3 doesn't have any really
> obvious showstoppers.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --
> desktop mailing list
> desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org