-   -   Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/526075-fedora-15-final-rc3-available-desktop-testing-needed.html)

Adam Williamson 05-14-2011 07:42 AM

Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

Hey, everyone. So the third release candidate for the final Fedora 15
release is now up, and this time we have live images, that work! I'm so
excited. (For RC1 and RC2 we had a couple of bugs which stopped some of
the live images from composing, and stopped those that *did* compose
from actually booting).

So as always, we need some desktop validation testing!

You can find the images at
http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15.RC3/Live/ . The
desktop test instructions/results page is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Final_RC3_Desktop

Grab an image, go to that page, click on the 'test case' links, do the
tests, and enter your results in the 'Test Matrix' table. I'm afraid
there is no 'profit' step, except the warm fuzzy feeling you get when
contributing to a new Fedora release. We need to do all the tests for
the 'desktop', 'fallback' (GNOME 3 fallback mode), and 'KDE' columns at
least, and it'd be good to get the tests done for the other desktops too
so we know where they stand. If you hit any bugs which are complete
fails for any of the tests, please file them at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com and mark them as blocking the bug
'F15Blocker' (or if you don't have the privileges to do so, poke me and
I'll do it). Thanks! If you have any questions, do go ahead and ask.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Vitezslav Humpa 05-15-2011 12:53 PM

Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

Whoa, we spit those RC's fast :-) Like before, I am on it.

I encourage more of you guys to help here, we're getting really
close to the real deal here and it's getting exciting!

--
Vita Humpa
Fedora QA

Adam Williamson 05-15-2011 04:32 PM

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 08:53 -0400, Vitezslav Humpa wrote:
> Whoa, we spit those RC's fast :-) Like before, I am on it.
>
> I encourage more of you guys to help here, we're getting really
> close to the real deal here and it's getting exciting!

RC3 should stick better than RC1 or RC2, they had problems that were
clear almost as soon as they were spun. RC3 doesn't have any really
obvious showstoppers.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Vitezslav Humpa 05-16-2011 07:55 AM

Fedora 15 Final RC3 available: desktop testing needed!

I did KDE testing and part of gnome so far
and I agree - no stoppers on the desktop front!

--
Vita Humpa
Fedora QA