Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Sergio Pascual

Default Multiseat support

Hi list.

Is there any advance in multiseat support in Fedora from what is
explained here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat?

Regards

Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Adam Jackson

On 5/13/11 4:03 AM, Sergio Pascual wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> Is there any advance in multiseat support in Fedora from what is
> explained here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat?

None that I'm aware of. Nobody's done any work to explicitly enable
multiseat in recent memory, and that wiki page hasn't been touched in
almost two years.

There's some work being done on systemd to integrate seat configuration,
but that's not going to be relevant for F15. F16 would be nice.

- ajax

Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Lennart Poettering

On Fri, 13.05.11 10:03, Sergio Pascual (sergio.pasra@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi list.
>
> Is there any advance in multiseat support in Fedora from what is
> explained here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat?

So our plans regarding cleaning up CK and merging it into systemd are
documented here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1_ev4f0gwBuvs6SH_N8fN5LO4LV3sbwtJsLq52F_wwp U

As a byproduct this will also enable use to do proper and simple
multi-seat support.

I turned this text into a f16 feature page today:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ckremoval

Also see:

http://lwn.net/Articles/441328/

Lennart