Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Michael Cronenworth

Default Disable accessibility panel icon

Is there a nice way to prevent the accessibility panel icon from
showing? I have no problem with it existing for people that need it, but
I do not need it.

For now I have manually edited it out of
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/panel.js and it is gone, but I would like
to know if there is an alternative.

I poked around gsettings and did not find any keys that would disable it
(nor did the java script give any hints on it looking at gsettings keys).

Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Michael Cronenworth

On 05/03/2011 11:00 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Is there a nice way to prevent the accessibility panel icon from
> showing? I have no problem with it existing for people that need it, but
> I do not need it.
>
> For now I have manually edited it out of
> /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/panel.js and it is gone, but I would like
> to know if there is an alternative.

Answering my own question:

There's a nifty way to do this as an extension[1] apparently.

[1] http://www.fpmurphy.com/public/noa11y.tar.gz