Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Chuck Anderson

Default overshooting mouse accidentally activates overview mode

After using Gnome 3/Shell for a couple months now, it has really grown
on me. I have one UI annoyance that I wonder if the designers could
comment on. When I'm using a maximized application like Firefox or
Chromium, I often have to move the mouse to near the upper-left corner
to activate a tab or use the forward/back buttons or File menu.
Sometimes, rather often, I overshoot and accidentally activate the
overview mode hot corner. I believe this mostly happens with Chromium
since it doesn't use the standard system title bar, leaving the tabs
and other controls a lot closer to the hot corner. But it does
sometimes happen with standard apps too. I'm not sure how tweak the
design to prevent this from happening, but I'm wondering if this has
come up before and been considered.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Chuck Anderson

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:32:19AM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> After using Gnome 3/Shell for a couple months now, it has really grown
> on me. I have one UI annoyance that I wonder if the designers could
> comment on. When I'm using a maximized application like Firefox or
> Chromium, I often have to move the mouse to near the upper-left corner
> to activate a tab or use the forward/back buttons or File menu.
> Sometimes, rather often, I overshoot and accidentally activate the
> overview mode hot corner. I believe this mostly happens with Chromium
> since it doesn't use the standard system title bar, leaving the tabs
> and other controls a lot closer to the hot corner. But it does
> sometimes happen with standard apps too. I'm not sure how tweak the
> design to prevent this from happening, but I'm wondering if this has
> come up before and been considered.

I've since turned on the standard system title bars in Chromium, and
I'm still accidentally activating overview mode (although less
frequently).

Old 04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Dokuro

it happens to me too sometimes but it does not bother me that much...
a solution could be to be able to switch the menu's position from top
to bottom...

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Chuck Anderson <cra@wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:32:19AM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>> After using Gnome 3/Shell for a couple months now, it has really grown
>> on me. *I have one UI annoyance that I wonder if the designers could
>> comment on. *When I'm using a maximized application like Firefox or
>> Chromium, I often have to move the mouse to near the upper-left corner
>> to activate a tab or use the forward/back buttons or File menu.
>> Sometimes, rather often, I overshoot and accidentally activate the
>> overview mode hot corner. *I believe this mostly happens with Chromium
>> since it doesn't use the standard system title bar, leaving the tabs
>> and other controls a lot closer to the hot corner. *But it does
>> sometimes happen with standard apps too. *I'm not sure how tweak the
>> design to prevent this from happening, but I'm wondering if this has
>> come up before and been considered.
>
> I've since turned on the standard system title bars in Chromium, and
> I'm still accidentally activating overview mode (although less
> frequently).

No necesito anti-virus por que uso un buen sistema GNU/Linux, libre y gratis!
I need no anti-virus, I use a GNU/Linux, a Free Operative System!
Je necesite pas de anti-virus, parce que j'utilice a GNU/Linux OS
completment libre!