-   -   Test Day live images: please check (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/516326-test-day-live-images-please-check.html)

Adam Williamson 04-20-2011 04:56 AM

Test Day live images: please check

Hey, folks. So I built live images for Thursday's Test Day, they're
linked from the test day page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-04-21_GNOME3_Final#Live_image

I tested them out and they seem pretty good, but if you have a few
minutes to give them a shot and make sure there's nothing that'd cause
problems for the event, that'd be great.

Also, if anyone has any last-minute changes they want to get in for the
Test Day I can revise the images, but please let me know soon :) Thanks!

The images are mostly current F15 'stable' (after the Beta freeze was
lifted, so all the GNOME 3.0 packages that got backed up are in). I
pulled latest abrt for improved crash reporting (hopefully), latest
kernel for some nouveau fixes, libfprint and fprintd as requested by
hadess, gnome-desktop3, gnome-menus, gnome-themes-standard to resolve
some dep problems in the stable package set, ntfs-3g for another dep
issue, and NetworkManager as requested by Dan for a new feature he
wanted in for the test day. I built 'em on an F15 host this time, so
they're under 600MB.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

James Laska 04-20-2011 07:06 PM

Test Day live images: please check

> Hey, folks. So I built live images for Thursday's Test Day, they're
> linked from the test day page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-04-21_GNOME3_Final#Live_image
>
> I tested them out and they seem pretty good, but if you have a few
> minutes to give them a shot and make sure there's nothing that'd cause
> problems for the event, that'd be great.

The x86_64 image booted fine, and I was able to run liveinst from the
image.

Thanks!
James