Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Question about liveinst.desktop on live image

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:34:46 -0400,
Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:

> The commit message kinda explains it. gnome-shell relies on wm-class
> matching the desktop file name, in order to find the icon and name to
> display in the app menu (next to the activities hot corner). If your
> spin doesn't use gnome-shell, it probably doesn't make any difference to
> you.

I didn't look there so didn't notice it missing. For the test day stuff,
people would probably just run it off favorites anyway. I'll look at fixing
this up, but it looks like I need to try to do some background reading
to understand more about what's going on.

Thanks.